Shaul

[Question] Mindfulness - Savoring Stage

4 posts in this topic

The moment you notice something in the Inner - Hearing or Seeing category (aka auditory or visual thoughts), it ceases to exist.  What do you do then in the Savoring stage? Do you replay the thought in your head and watch / hear it without judgement?

Not sure what you mean with savoring stage and if it's from some specific technique. Just yesterday I read up on the "See Hear Feel" technique by Shinzen Young because @Consilience mentioned it in his post.

There, he said when you note a phenomenon which ceases, you simply note that it's gone. You note the non-stickiness of it, the inevitable impermanence in place of the phenomenon itself. So even if all phenomena cease every time you try to savor them, savor their floaty, dissolving nature and their non-existence instead.

Maybe that helps :)

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

@peanutspathtotruth Thank you for your answer. Sorry, I forgot to mention that my question is based upon Leo's video about mindfulness (link below), which is based on Shinzen Young's work. Do you have a detailed explanation of the technique you are using? Because I didn't quite understand Leo's explanation regarding the savoring stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPUWdhHDKS4

Edited by Shaul

@Leo Gura Can you please clarify what should I exactly do during the savoring stage in general, and specifically in the above-mentioned scenario I wrote in the beginning of the post?