jhmarrio

"tingling" During Meditation

4 posts in this topic

Wanted to share some "odd" experiences I've been having during self-inquiry and see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

For context, I still consider myself a newbie to this actualized journey. I've been practicing mindfulness meditation intermittently for the past several years but have only really been making it a #1 priority (daily sessions) in my life for the past 4 months. 

In the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing some odd sensations that radiate throughout my entire body. They only will last about 5-10 seconds but can occur several times throughout a session. The best way I can describe it is, you know when your at the top of a roller coaster and you feel your stomach drop right before you hit that first big drop? Its like that but all over my body. I wouldn't say its unpleasant but it is unusual... to be honest, I've really tried to just notice it during meditation like any other experience and not characterize it. Nevertheless, wanted to share and see if anyone else has had this during their practice?

Thanks a bunch. This is my first posting but Ive been following a lot of the forum topics and have appreciated everybody's input BTW! Much appreciated :)

Cheers! :)

Jeff

On 1/23/2017 at 3:37 AM, jhmarrio said:

In the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing some odd sensations that radiate throughout my entire body. They only will last about 5-10 seconds but can occur several times throughout a session. The best way I can describe it is, you know when your at the top of a roller coaster and you feel your stomach drop right before you hit that first big drop? Its like that but all over my body. I wouldn't say its unpleasant but it is unusual... to be honest, I've really tried to just notice it during meditation like any other experience and not characterize it. Nevertheless, wanted to share and see if anyone else has had this during their practice?

Keep your chest relaxed,breath into your belly. 

Are you facing difficulty in breathing or feeling anxious ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

no breathing difficulty ... its a pretty "exciting" type of experience, and doesn't last long.