PureExp

World Is A Simulation

71 posts in this topic

@jse It's just my understanding, but I think the "classical argument for the unknowable" was resolved with the uncertainty principle. It shows that the error was in our thinking that the particle was in a specific place to begin with, which it was not. It was in superposition. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@jse It's just my understanding, but I think the "classical argument for the unknowable" was resolved with the uncertainty principle. It shows that the error was in our thinking that the particle was in a specific place to begin with, which it was not. It was in superposition. 

1lf66c.jpg

Lol. Nice.

in the end though, oddly, it just leaves me more uncertain. 

?

"Total Zeroness"?

Edited by Nahm

@jse If no one "may not" know it, doesn't it mean its unknowable? However, if you say one "may" know it then it is merely an unknown.

Unknowable, by definition is that which one may not know and will never know. Unknowable is not the same as "potentially knowable". Unknowable is guaranteed to be unknowable simply because mind has limitations.

Think what mind is and why it is limited, go deep. Consult a good teacher. Weed out your beliefs. You avoid defining or mentioning your understanding of basics which shows you never thought about them. Result - confusion.

At least one person knows the magic trick and we all know movie illusion. I don't see how these metaphors work. Try answering my questions directly. Drop metaphors.

Qualia is not an idea or fantasy, we can experience qualia (perception of a physical world), very directly, in fact that's all we can perceive. Even if Maya, it exists, and the root of it is unknowable.

Some numbers that follow certain rule may appear infinitely big, but are within reach of math. Now try knowing the last digit of Pi (happy Pi day btw :) ).

It is very common in math to discuss things that are unknowable. Try Godel's theorem.

Now the question is - if something is unknowable for me, is it unknowable for you too? Yes. Ponder on it. Contemplate.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

17 hours ago, Nahm said:

in the end though, oddly, it just leaves me more uncertain. 

That's a good sign. Never be so certain. I say, all I wrote here can be simply BS, do not take my word, experience it yourself. Thats the whole point of it.

quote-the-whole-problem-with-the-world-is-that-fools-and-fanatics-are-always-so-certain-of-bertrand-russell-25-49-01.jpg

6 hours ago, PureExp said:

Top 10 Unknowable Things

http://listverse.com/2012/07/13/top-10-unknowable-things/

I'm not even into metaphysics here. Just plain ordinary unknowable stuff.

Nope.  Apart from HUP, those are abstract mathematical "unknowns" - i.e. mind concepts that have no basis on "plain ordinary stuff".  It is impossible to prove that unknowables exist other than in irrelevant and paradoxical mind constructs.

@PureExp , live up to your post signature, and consider posting thoughts based on your personal direct experience.

Edited by jse
Redaction of comments not in keeping with the community spirit

@PureExp  Uncertain is good in my book too! 

If I'm ever totally certain somebody better wake me up!

"Certainty - it's a well known unknowable unknown" - The Buddha 

In all seriousness though, I truly appreciate you PureExp!  You go the distance and I respect the hell out of you for it! Thanks again!!!

You too JSE!!!! I appreciate you!!!! You rock man. Your insights are eye opening for me. 

I am learning a lot from you both. 

I really love this shit.

Going to mention you both on my blog, I hope you don't mind. :)  

http:/yourebothright/becauseof/theuncertaintyprinciple.com

Edited by Nahm

4 hours ago, jse said:

Nope.  Apart from HUP, those are abstract mathematical "unknowns" - i.e. mind concepts that have no basis on "plain ordinary stuff".  It is impossible to prove that unknowables exist other than in irrelevant and paradoxical mind constructs.

@PureExp , cutting & pasting random stuff from a Google search won't help with your unknown/unknowable confusion, and projecting this confusion onto others, even less so.  I suggest that if you want traffic to your epitome of knowledge blog, you drop the BS and stop arguing for argument's sake.  Also suggest that if you can't come up with original ideas based on your own personal experience, you'd be better off keeping your posts short, rather than the copy & paste walls of text you appear so keen on.

@jse Thanks for your kind words.

Personal attacks...hmm . Typical strategy of any Ego when its beliefs are shaken :D Well its normal.

Its ok if your understanding of a word is different from others.

Edited by PureExp

On 2/26/2017 at 9:33 AM, PureExp said:

The implications are mind blowing, humans will turn into gods, almost everything will become possible.

Where have we heard that before?

Genesis 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil

Genesis 11:6 The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same languagethey have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them.

And two from Nikola Tesla

"

What has the future in store for this strange being, born of a breath, of perishable tissue, yet Immortal, with his powers fearful and Divine? What magic will be wrought by him in the end? What is to be his greatest deed, his crowning achievement?
Long ago he recognized that all perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or a tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the Akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life-giving Prana or Creative Force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles, all things and phenomena. The primary substance, thrown into infinitesimal whirls of prodigious velocity, becomes gross matter; the force subsiding, the motion ceases and matter disappears, reverting to the primary substance.
Can man control this grandest, most awe-inspiring of all processes in nature? Can he harness her inexhaustible energies to perform all their functions at his bidding? more still cause them to operate simply by the force of his will?
If he could do this, he would have powers almost unlimited and supernatural. At his command, with but a slight effort on his part, old worlds would disappear and new ones of his planning would spring into being. He could fix, solidify and preserve the ethereal shapes of his imagining, the fleeting visions of his dreams. He could express all the creations of his mind on any scale, in forms concrete and imperishable. He could alter the size of this planet, control its seasons, guide it along any path he might choose through the depths of the Universe. He could cause planets to collide and produce his suns and stars, his heat and light. He could originate and develop life in all its infinite forms."

"To create and to annihilate material substance, cause it to aggregate in forms according to his desire, would be the supreme manifestation of the power of Man's mind, his most complete triumph over the physical world, his crowning achievement, which would place him beside his Creator, make him fulfill his Ultimate Destiny."

On 3/5/2017 at 10:36 PM, brovakhiin said:

Furthermore, the real process at the root must be a completely objective reality lacking in any qualia whatsoever. Without things.

How so?