Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r0ckyreed

There Is Nothing Outside Of This Dream?!

10 posts in this topic

There Is Nothing Outside Of This Dream?! By r0ckyreed

The Story

Imagine you are sleeping and in a dream.  In this dream, you are dreaming that you are at the North Pole inside of Santa’s workshop.  You are dreaming up the entire life of an elf.  This elf was born to two parents, was raised in Santa’s workshop, and was a wage slave for the first 25 years of his life.  At age 25, he ventured off into the nearby forest after his shift.  He began to sit silently by the river and trees in the deep forest.  The elf had a strange feeling in his heart that told him to go to the library and read the “Forbidden Book.” The elf snuck into the library and read the Forbidden Book, which was a lifechanging book on philosophy and spiritual enlightenment.  After reading the book, he immediately, he left Santa’s workshop, left his parents, and his whole life behind him, and he ventured off to join a monastery.  

At this monastery, he saw 5 monks meditating in total silence and stillness, and he was greeted by the “enlightened master” from whom he learned meditation from.  He joined the monks and began to meditate every day and live the monk lifestyle.  It took the elf 5 solid years of dedication and discipline to let go of his old elf lifestyle and beliefs to adjust to the new monk lifestyle and beliefs.  Over time, the 5 monks turned into 200.  And on the Elf’s 35th birthday (10 years from since he started), he had that strange feeling again.  His heart this time was telling him to leave the monastery and go to the South Pole (which in Elf culture was deemed as evil and sinful). 

Once again, the elf followed his heart and left and went on a long journey from the monastery all the way to the South Pole.  On his way, the elf discovered a month later that the monastery he once belonged to was shut down because it became a cult and many of the followers were abused and were killed.  

When the elf finally got to the South Pole, he had another feeling telling him to remain in solitude and contemplate to find out the Truth of “Who am I?”  After the elf created shelter, prepared all the food, and found his haven, he spent much of his days contemplating the nature of self and other.  One day, the elf was in intense contemplation so deep that he could feel his reality and his sense of self breaking apart like a block of ice.  He deconstructed all sense of other and self such that he could no longer tell the difference between reality and imagination, self and other.

When the voice of his heart told him to return to the North Pole, the elf realized that he is constructing everything.  His entire life story was just a story.  It was then that his contemplation became so deep that he suddenly looked inside the headless void to discover the infinite field of experience.  He realized that his parents, Santa, other elves, other people, the trees, laws of elf sciences, the world, and his own self.  Everything he looked at was a reflection of the Self, the One Mind, The One Experience.  All other experiences of Santa, his parents, and of the world were contained with the Headless Field of Experience/Dream.  

But it gets even stranger.  It was then that elf started to wonder whether he was dreaming “you” (the sleeping body).  But he became so lucid that it was no longer an elf anymore, it is YOU!  The entire World! Everything is contained within YOU, behind your eyes, in your headless, infinite field of consciousness!  

The elf (you) becomes so lucid in the dream that he starts to wonder whether there is anything beyond dreaming?  All there is, is the field/screen of experience from which all of reality is imagined and dreamed.  The elf realized that there is no difference between it and you.  Anything outside of the dream is contained within the dream.  

The Insight

Imagine being so lucid in your dream, that you become convinced that there is an elf you are dreaming of and there is your human meatbag in another place where you think you are sleeping.  This is an illusion.  The dream world and this world right here are the same world.  There is no body, no you sleeping outside the dream.  God or the True Self is not the body you imagine outside of the dream, it is the Dream.  The World is God.

All location and time is an illusion.  There is nothing outside of here and now.  Everything is always Here! Everything is always Now!  Where is Here? When is Now? Everywhere you are, you are!  There is nothing beyond dreaming but you can either become lucid in the dream or remain asleep/unconscious in the dream.  Even death doesn’t help you escape from the dream because it is itself another dream within the dream.  

God is playing this never-ending game of sleeping and waking up to itself.  We can think of death as totally waking up from the dream, but this is not totally accurate because after you wake up to yourself, you go back to sleep to yourself.  There is nothing to do but to go back to sleep and play the game “again.” There is no death because The Field of God can never die.

Imagine that you are the elf again, and imagine that he drowns and dies.  What happens “next?”  What is the next thing that you imagine?  Notice what you imagine after the “death” of the elf.  In a way, what you imagine after the death of the elf is like its “afterlife.”  That is you continuing to dream.  You are creating the story.  Life is a story that never ends.  There is no after, there is no next.  There is only Now for eternity.  The only thing happening Now is the story you imagine.  There is nothing to do but to imagine a story. 

Next time you are lucid in your dream at night, ask yourself who you are and where you are.  Contemplate what death in your dream would be (it would be you waking up to sleep in another dream? Or maybe you are dreaming about the "end" of your dream? Where is the boundary between the end of the elf’s dream and the beginning of your human meatsuit’s?).  You may think you have a body outside of the dream, but look closer.  Is your lucid dream occurring within the sleeping body or is your sleeping body occurring within your lucid dream world (behind where you imagine your eyes, so to speak)?  Are you the elf or the sleeping body?  Neither.  You are imagining them both on this Screen/Field of Experience Now!! You are the World, you are the Field that creates and holds everything in existence, and you are the space from which these words are written.  When you understand this, you will realize that you reading these words are also you writing them.  

Much Love! :)

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Beautifully written, thank you. :x

Funnily enough, "I" have experienced that OH SHIT moment where I realized that everyone is me and I'm not even here.  It was really funny because then politics, debates and shit are all just a play.  We're talking to our selves!  

But I fell asleep and I'm back to looking again to 'get there'.

28 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Beautifully written, thank you. :x
Funnily enough, "I" have experienced that OH SHIT moment where I realized that everyone is me and I'm not even here.  It was really funny because then politics, debates and shit are all just a play.  [I am talking to myself!]

But I fell asleep and I'm back to looking again to 'get there'.

You are already here. There is no there. You seek for the seeker and then seek to run away to then seek again.

That’s the game being played, the dream being dreamt, the play being played. ;) 

Now I am gonna go for a jog and hunt for morels. Nothing matters and that is good fun. :) 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

@r0ckyreed Thanks for sharing.  Cool stuff.  I have some questions:

One thing I have a hard time with with regards to the dream concept is, why would one keep on waking up in the same body?  Why not wake up in a different one?  Well sure one could wake up in many others but not remember them when they wake up in this body because maybe this body has memories when one is operating from it that are not taken to other bodies when one wakes up in those...

If no bodies are made or still in existence after self dies, will self not have any body to wake up into?

Did the body have to exist before the self could wake up into it or does the self just dream the body into existence?  Why can't I just imagine crazy, wild things into existence in my "waking" life if I am dreaming everything up?

2 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

One thing I have a hard time with with regards to the dream concept is, why would one keep on waking up in the same body?  Why not wake up in a different one? 

To sell the illusion. If you woke up into different bodies, how could you function, survive, and maintain the illusion? 

You imagine all those bodies within Consciousness. Every body you see is you. To maintain the illusion, you need consistency. Otherwise you couldn’t dream.

Well sure one could wake up in many others but not remember them when they wake up in this body because maybe this body has memories when one is operating from it that are not taken to other bodies when one wakes up in those...

Not quite but interesting thought. Your past and memories, and your ideas of having past lives and past bodies are being imagined now. Notice what actually exists in this moment. There is no body, only The Field. A body is an idea inside the Field. 

If no bodies are made or still in existence after self dies, will self not have any body to wake up into?

The Self of who you truly are cannot die. The Self is eternal. All bodies are being dreamed up in the dream.

Did the body have to exist before the self could wake up into it or does the self just dream the body into existence?

The latter. 

Why can't I just imagine crazy, wild things into existence in my "waking" life if I am dreaming everything up?

You can. But this dream you are in has certain rules that you dream up. Why do you dream of gravity and pain in some of your dreams but not others? Start to wonder what it means to dream. A dream has to be a convincing imagination; otherwise, you would already wake up.

You see, you define “reality” so you can have something to ground your “dreams” in. We think of dreams as fantasies in comparison to what? To this waking dream right here that most people call reality. 

Think of everything you experience right now as a more rigid form of a dream. You have to have that to be able to create reality. You cannot draw your lines between fantasy and reality without constructing a reality. That reality that you believe is real is part of the dream. 

A dream is like God’s magic show. It is the ultimate magician that fools itself into not being God. Once you know how the magic is done, you can’t be fooled by it anymore. Hence, you destroy reality. And that is the last thing you want to do. 

The way this dream is designed is the perfect magic show. It contains all dualities. There is no reality without fantasy.

You can enjoy figuring out and try to understand this magic show or you can be immersed and enjoy it in ignorance. Either way is fine. Enjoy the dream. Have fun or not! The world is what you want to create! :) 

Edited by r0ckyreed

7 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

One thing I have a hard time with with regards to the dream concept is, why would one keep on waking up in the same body?

Yeah the dream analogy may or may not resonate. It points to this experience you're having right now in this moment. 

Waking up in the same body is a conclusion you make based on the memories you're having. I'm not saying that they're not true but the dream analogy would be that you're dreaming that you wake up in the same body each morning.

Do you relate this to reincarnation where one would live the life in one field/perspective/body and then die and wake up in another field operating from a different "body"?  If that was the case, what determines what body is jumped into next?  And do you think that we would keep on getting "wiser" and "wiser" from one body to the next body? (One issue with this is then the constant comparison of self to other to try to figure out who is wiser to try to figure out which body one has already lived in and which one has not... and then what it even means to be "wiser")

Do you see it as god dreaming from every body at the same time (like all the people/bugs/animals/aliens/bacteria/whatever) or in one body at a time (person A, then person B, then person C)?

What was it that got you to have the idea that when we die we just go back to sleep and dream again with a different field/body/perspective/experience?  Why not die and then never wake up again - like a lightbulb that goes out?

We could wake up into a dream/universe that we cannot visit/access in this present dream/universe kinda like how your awake life seems to not be able to visit your asleep life and vice versa, although they could have similarities.

Edited by PepperBlossoms

5 hours ago, PepperBlossoms said:

Do you relate this to reincarnation where one would live the life in one field/perspective/body and then die and wake up in another field operating from a different "body"?  

No. There is no other field but this one. This Field is so Absolute and Eternal that death does not occur. Death is as imaginary as your birth and your last night’s dream.

what determines what body is jumped into next? 

Whatever you imagine. I have had dreams where I was it appeared like I was in different body and was different animal entirely. But the Field/Screen never goes anywhere, it is everywhere. 

Next time you dream, pay more attention to your body. You imagine you are jumping into a body. You never jump. You are always right where you are.

And do you think that we would keep on getting "wiser" and "wiser" from one body to the next body? (One issue with this is then the constant comparison of self to other to try to figure out who is wiser to try to figure out which body one has already lived in and which one has not... and then what it even means to be "wiser")

It’s all you. You are comparing with yourself.

Do you see it as god dreaming from every body at the same time (like all the people/bugs/animals/aliens/bacteria/whatever) or in one body at a time (person A, then person B, then person C)?

There is only one dreamer.

Point your finger at an object (I.e., tree), then point it at a subject (I.e., some human or animal in your experience), then point your finger at the place behind your eyes and look at the place behind your eyes. All objects and subjects have always been behind your eyes. You don’t find other subjects in some object like a brain, you create them.

All people and all other minds you imagine are objects of yourself. There is only one field, one experience, one mind. Where is the line drawn between an unconscious object and a conscious one? Whatever line you draw is what you imagine.

What was it that got you to have the idea that when we die we just go back to sleep and dream again with a different field/body/perspective/experience? 

How do you know death will happen? Check your assumptions. Notice that “will” and “when” imply time. If there is no time, there is no death. You are imagining other dreams, experiences, other minds, and you are even imagining that you go to sleep. Death and sleep don’t happen. Realizing this is one thing and living your life from this realization is very radical.

There is no different field. That implies there are other fields and experiences. If there were multiple fields, where do you draw the line between the two? Where does one field begin and one end? 
There is only one field, one experience, one mind, one consciousness. All else is imagination, story, and belief inside of the field of consciousness.

Why not die and then never wake up again - like a lightbulb that goes out?

If that is what you imagine, tell me what it was like to wake up in your body for the first time from the same place from where you imagine you will go back to when you die?

What is the difference between the place of birth and the place of death?

Short answer: You are God, you are Eternal. You are that which cannot die. If God died, where would God go? God laughs at the idea of death, whereas a human is terrified of it. 

You are so One that you cannot die. 

We could wake up into a dream/universe that we cannot visit/access in this present dream/universe kinda like how your awake life seems to not be able to visit your asleep life and vice versa, although they could have similarities.

Where is the line drawn between the sleeping dream and the waking dream? What if it is only one dream? Dreaming is a fantasy relative to what? This reality here. The reason why we call this reality is because we have never experienced anything else. Everything is grounded within this waking dream. But how is what we experience here any different from a dream?

Even your sleeping dreams can be just as stable as this world here. Why do you have wild dreams sometimes? Well if all you had was dreams identical to this one here, then you couldn’t make any distinction. To have reality also requires having a classification of fantasy. What is reality being real relative to? Reality is real because you say it’s real. No other reason. It is a self-contradictory, circular justification loop.

Edit: Direct experience is the king. Go and observe it for the answers.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Thanks for the answers. 

How does one get the conclusion that this is the only field/experience/mind and that death does not exist and that experience is eternal?  Why can't there be another set of eyes with its own limited experience/mind at the same time as mine?

51 minutes ago, PepperBlossoms said:

Thanks for the answers. 

How does one get the conclusion that this is the only field/experience/mind and that death does not exist and that experience is eternal?

No problem. You have to contemplate and question every assumption you have. I used Jed McKenna’s Spiritual Autolysis method of trying to write down what is true and then dissecting that and your assumptions. I also used Leo Gura’s Actuality vs. Concept episode. Also, Descartes’ Cartesian doubt is another good technique that helped me.

You eventually want to get to the point where you can contemplate in your head, so to speak. And you also want to be aware of the distinction between Actuality and imagination so that you don’t get lost inside your own mental maze of your own mind.

It really comes down to: 

1. Be fully present in the actuality of this moment.

2. Question and observe the actuality of Now and the concepts you add onto the actuality of Now.

3. Burn everything and see what is remains. Deconstruct all concepts and stories onto this moment such that you are left with Pure Truth or Actuality, which is another way of saying “reality as it is now.”

But some people have different ways. Some prefer to meditate, use psychedelics, etc. But I have always preferred contemplation because it was always most natural to me throughout my life.

Take skepticism and solipsism as far as you can go. Deconstruct yourself. But it takes a mature mind to be able to do that and go all the way. It feels like you are losing your mind because that’s exactly what you are doing lol.

51 minutes ago, PepperBlossoms said:

Why can't there be another set of eyes with its own limited experience/mind at the same time as mine?

I’ll let you contemplate and figure that one out. Really observe this present moment deeply. Sit with the question, observe, and deconstruct. 

One of my top principles in life is “Do what most people are not willing to do, that is true greatness.” A deeper point is to be able to enjoy and do what you are not willing to do, that is excellence.

Whatever you do, enjoy it, go all the way, and give it your all.

To me, a good life comes down to two main things: 1. Did you enjoy it? 2. Did you give it your all and live up to your full potential?

May the Force be with you. ?

Edited by r0ckyreed