thisintegrated

Gods and "God" are different things. All religions are wrong & right.

6 posts in this topic

God, in the monotheistic sense, is an unknown/mysterious single being outside our reality who's responsible for its creation.  God's origin is never discussed or even speculated on in such religions, God just is and this is simply accepted.  

Any polytheistic idea of multiple Gods is dismissed as nonsense as there can only be one God (from a Christian's/Muslim's view). Perhaps their reasoning is that there cannot be multiple sources of creation, which is true.  However, while there is indeed only one source of creation, infinity, I don't think this is what monotheists worship.

What they worship is the specific idea of "the one God" described in their holy book.  They personify the concept of God as that's the only way they can understand "him"; and attach various ideas to "him".  This God they worship is not infinity/consciousness/nothingness like I once assumed.  It is, in fact, a God like any other from any of the polytheistic religions.  As such, the validity of any of the random Gods in Hinduism (or even any made up religions) is equal to that of the one Christian/Muslim God.  The only difference is the power the followers of each religion give to the thought-form that is their God.

A God can be literally anything that's immortal.  A personality can be a God.  An aesthetic can be a God.  Money can be a God.  Sex can be a God.  Etc.  The God that religious people follow is no different.  The Christian/Muslim God is just a "General Purpose God" which the people have fooled themselves into believing is the one and only God (..I know, I know ..blasphemy, but this is the hard truth the Blues will have to swallow sooner or later)

I used to give religious people the benefit of the doubt that, when speaking of God, they're really referring to "source", the real "God", but that's just not the case. Their God isn't God but, rather, a tool for empowering and unifying their intent.  For those who know no better, this is good and should maybe even be encouraged in some cases, but it's still a lie.  No mentally sound adult should be gullible enough to fall for this, but it happens.  Perhaps this is the main difference between Blue and Green.  Perhaps the difference is that Greens worship the real God, and not just an idea of a God.  Just a thought.

Edited by thisintegrated

What is the source then? (Serious question)

for example in the book ‘a conversation of god’ by Neal Donald, ‘God’ tells him if you love/worship a thing you get it by the supposed law of attraction, in a way I find this similar to having infinite points of god-ness, you attract it with being interested in, so you go right for it. At least thats the main wisdom I got from that book.

Yet what is this god ? And why does it speaks to people? can we say that this is not the same god that most religion founders spoke to? 

of course believing in a biblical god is silly, but I known people who believe in this mythical god, yet in disastrous situations - such as their house burning down or a family member’s death- they assert towards this is god’s will.. which in a way, is a nondual act, Kind of like forsaking the ego/small-self’s vintage point and taking the larger-self/god’s will to be what’s right/good.

form an individual perspective, this is too much of a commitment to say they just believe in the mythical god alone, maybe they don’t make sense of infinity, but the lesson is their in the teachings somehow, and it dose what it’s supposed do - bring the division between god’s will and the small self’s will to a collapse.

Edited by Happy Lizard

1 hour ago, Happy Lizard said:

What is the source then? (Serious question)

Nothing.  Literally.

for example in the book ‘a conversation of god’ by Neal Donald, ‘God’ tells him if you love/worship a thing you get it by the supposed law of attraction, in a way I find this similar to having infinite points of god-ness, you attract it with being interested in, so you go right for it. At least thats the main wisdom I got from that book.

By worshipping/praying for X you're manifesting a reality in which you don't have X and must worship/pray to get it.  By saying "I don't have X, give it to me please" you're shifting yourself to a reality which most closely resonates with the phrase/belief. 

Yet what is this god ? And why does it speaks to people? can we say that this is not the same god that most religion founders spoke to? 

Their higher self, probably.  Audio is just data, and data can come from anywhere.  You'll never know its source.  Even a regular guy with some psychic skill could, in theory, make you hear something.  "God spoke to me" means literally nothing.  Could be anything. 

of course believing in a biblical god is silly, but I known people who believe in this mythical god, yet in disastrous situations - such as their house burning down or a family member’s death- they assert towards this is god’s will.. which in a way, is a nondual act, Kind of like forsaking the ego/small-self’s vintage point and taking the larger-self/god’s will to be what’s right/good.

That's delegating responsibility to someone else, as is nothing but immaturity.  You're not here to be free of responsibilities.  In fact, the only reason you're in a heavy/restricted reality like this and not a dream with complete freedom is because here you have responsibilities and consequences.  Without them, you wouldn't learn.

form an individual perspective, this is too much of a commitment to say they just believe in the mythical god alone, maybe they don’t make sense of infinity, but the lesson is their in the teachings somehow, and it dose what it’s supposed do - bring the division between god’s will and the small self’s will to a collapse.

Sure, religion has its place.  That place is called stage Blue.

Edited by thisintegrated

He who doesn't realize himself as God will project God out as some "other".

There is only one God, and he is you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Do you even have a clue about the Christian faith and what God is to them? Cause in your post it does not seem like it at all but I could be wrong. 

God's essence is completely incomprehensible, but God is Infinite, both in intelligence, power, love.

He is the creator of the universe and substrate for knowledge, reason, logic. 

This God is alive, personal.

He knows himself fully.

In his Mind he contains everything and through his Mind he creates the universe and the laws that govern the universe. 

Polytheism is not at all alike monotheism, this God of the Christians brought creation out of nothing, he has no opposite and dont have to subdue matter through violence since he is the creator of it.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

7 hours ago, Benton said:

The understanding yogis like Sadhguru have about Gods and Goddesses is that they where invented by people. Ones like Devi, Kali, and Shiva where consciously designed as a tool. They are possible to experience. 

But creation only has one source. There is only one God. And that God is one thing which is me/you. So that God is responsible for the plural Gods and Goddesses. I mean they are also it. They are you.
Achieving union with these beings can Awaken you. Maybe not to the extent Leo talks about though. 

Haha, damn, didn't even know that.  I just intuitively came to the exact same conclusions as Sadhguru, that's cool.

But yeah, they're ""Gods"", but not like the real "God" like what Leo talks about.  It's important to understand the distinction imo.  I've never heard anyone discuss this before.

Edited by thisintegrated