Consilience

2 Months of Daily 90 Minute Strong Determination Sitting - My Profound Results/Report

43 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Arthogaan said:

@Consilience What about your coffee habit?

My coffee habit is more or less broken. If I'm going to drink caffeine, I'll usually do green tea. The place I'm living at has really low quality coffee which makes me just not interested in drinking... haha. Which has helped dramatically cut back on caffeine. 

Oddly enough, the fatigue associated with caffeine withdrawal, at least in low amounts, seems to be counteracted by all of the meditation I'm doing. With sufficient mindfulness, fatigue and mental dullness turns into energy. 

@Consilience You're truly an inspiration, many thanks for sharing your insights. ? I'd been thinking about extending the length of my sittings, and this thread gave me the extra motivation to do so - I'm already feeling the benefits, so thanks again. :) 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

2 hours ago, Consilience said:

Sure. My main practice is not vipassana, at this point it is the do nothing technique, also called silent illumination, just sitting, shikantaza, dzogchen, or surrender. 

If you have trouble accessing deep states during meditation, I would recommend looking into the book The Mind Illuminated or looking into Shinzen Young's See Hear Feel technique. Each is extremely rewarding to practice and each has enormous depth. 

Thank you very much. 

Apparently.