Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leo Palhano

Regarding the Solipsism controversy

7 posts in this topic

This is my first blog post after having watched most videos and reading a good chunk of books from the book list and, sadly, it's not for asking questions or starting a rich discussion.

First, thank you Leo for all your hard work over the years. You (more precisely me as the illusion of you) showed up right when I hit rock bottom in 2020 and typed randomly "What is Reality" in YouTube hoping for some answer. I was seriously hating life and all the stuff happening around me and in the world. As a brazilian lawyer, there is practically no incentive to work since it's almost impossible to be honest, do real good and earn money while we're currently being ruled by probably the worst government in human history (Bolsonaro is a puppet of higher powers - i.e. USA and Europe - which managed to revert Brazil back to colony status since the 2016 coup d'etat that removed Dilma Rouseff from power and things are really bad over here). I always was very much like Leo and my "thing" since my childhood was trying to understand reality. Stumbling upon Actualized.org was a gift.

Now, after what happened regarding the solipsism controversy, Leo has posted: "I have decided to take down my latest Solipsism video because people are not mature enough to handle it. Don't ask me questions about solipsism any more. I will not be teaching it because people cannot handle it. I will no longer publicly teach my deepest awakenings." I believe this is a blow to all the hard working people on the path out there that uses Actualized.org as a conscious, down to earth source of information and inspiration. While I agree that we must discover the highest truths by ourselves, Leo's ability to connect the dots of reality holistically and speak his mind without trying to convince anyone about his point of view and talking about stuff such as cults etc is probably unparalleled in the internet as of 2022. Leo not wanting to talk about his deepest awakenings is a huge blow to anyone who uses the channel as if hearing a good friend talk about his experiences and taking notes to explore our own personal direct experiences.

Leo, if your decision is final, I deeply and humbly respect it. But I wanted to write this message of encouragement since you've probably helped many others as you've helped me without knowing. I truly believe your work enrichens humanity as a whole, especially in these final moments of the Kali Yuga. If some people who watch your stuff can't handle this level of understanding, they should just stop watching or work more on themselves until they can, and not try to undermine a source that facilitate learning for many. One should not be penalized because of another's lack of maturity. Maybe add disclaimers for future deeper episodes?

Anyways, that's it. Here's hoping for more great lessons from Actualized.org. Thank you very much for everything once again!

Love and light,

Leo Palhano

9 hours ago, Leo Palhano said:

I believe this is a blow to all the hard working people on the path out there that uses Actualized.org as a conscious, down to earth source of information and inspiration. While I agree that we must discover the highest truths by ourselves, Leo's ability to connect the dots of reality holistically and speak his mind without trying to convince anyone about his point of view and talking about stuff such as cults etc is probably unparalleled in the internet as of 2022. Leo not wanting to talk about his deepest awakenings is a huge blow to anyone who uses the channel as if hearing a good friend talk about his experiences and taking notes to explore our own personal direct experiences.

The greatest insights can't be shared. Trying to share them spoils the insights.

It's like you are asking Leo how does an orgasm feels and expecting his description to match the feeling. 

To know it, you have to feel it for yourself. 

13 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

It's like you are asking Leo how does an orgasm feels and expecting his description to match the feeling. 

The other side of the argument is that if you've never had an orgasm, then having someone describe it is useful. It lets you know that an orgasm is possible and it gives you encouragement to try and have one for yourself.

Personally, regarding solipsism I think it's a lot of hot air about nothing. It's just that people don't have the mental and emotional apparatus to work with it or even understand it. It's exactly the same with the free will discussions (which have thankfully gone away). 

I'm tempted to be a huge troll and start a thread about how solipsism and free will are connected. But I wont! I will resist...

All stories and explanations are false.

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

I'm tempted to be a huge troll and start a thread about how solipsism and free will are connected. But I wont! I will resist...

Please do! I, for one, would be glad to read it!

3 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

The greatest insights can't be shared. Trying to share them spoils the insights.

I can describe a sunset, will it make you enjoy it any less ? 

15 minutes ago, Chrisd said:

I can describe a sunset, will it make you enjoy it any less ? 

Only if you can describe it the way God describes it when I look at it. 

Any description of IT is not IT. 

1 hour ago, Leo Palhano said:

Please do! I, for one, would be glad to read it!

Never feed a troll. You've put me in an existential bind. Will my executive control functions win over my lizard brain?

All stories and explanations are false.