Abeo Maria

Living Presently And Still Working Towards Goals

7 posts in this topic

I'm battling staying present and focused with each task that I'm doing, but my brain has a way of mentally reviewing what else I can achieve in the day. I have a daily planner with about 5 core things I'd like to accomplish in the day, they can be done at any time of the day so long as they are complete. While I'm doing one task my mind naturally freaks out and thinks the walls of the day are closing in and that I'm wasting time getting to the next task. 
I am working on incorporating more meditation but I still find myself thinking often and visualizing about "my next step" or task.
If I'm in the car, I'm thinking about what needs to be done when I get home, etc; 
Any advice on how to relax a bit while still productively pursuing those accomplishments for the day?
Thanks in advance :)

2 minutes ago, Abeo Maria said:

I'm battling staying present and focused with each task that I'm doing, but my brain has a way of mentally reviewing what else I can achieve in the day. I have a daily planner with about 5 core things I'd like to accomplish in the day, they can be done at any time of the day so long as they are complete. While I'm doing one task my mind naturally freaks out and thinks the walls of the day are closing in and that I'm wasting time getting to the next task. 
I am working on incorporating more meditation but I still find myself thinking often and visualizing about "my next step" or task.
If I'm in the car, I'm thinking about what needs to be done when I get home, etc; 
Any advice on how to relax a bit while still productively pursuing those accomplishments for the day?
Thanks in advance :)

Perhaps focus on prioritizing the thoughts that give you unrest. It may cause you to alter your list but if it relieves larger worries and neglects something from your current conditioning then so be it. Reserve the right to change your mind.

@Elemental I see what you're saying. Definitely will start implementing even if it alters the list around. I truly appreciate it, thanks you :)

For me the ability to make the list of priorities is the first goal I have reached. Once you start your day I tackle the quickest or the easy one first to gain momentum and then the rest fall into place. Great job setting yourself up for a win!

Make another task for your day: to be in the moment in any given moment whether it be mundane or a set task.

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

@BeginnerActualizer really resonate with this one. I'll definitely implement this thanks so much!
@Jsimpson I agree with it. I start my day off with exercise, it's the one that require that least amount of thought and my energy is at it's peak when I first wake up afterwards my goal is to practice guitar for half an hour (with a goal of 2 hours per day), then I let the other priorities fall into place. Now I just have to give each thing I'm doing absolute focus :)