Ray

Beautiful Speech On Purpose And And Friends Relationships - Berserk, Griffith's Speech At The Fountain

7 posts in this topic

Here a beautiful speech regarding the inner connections between purpose (dreams) and friends relationships. 

"They are driven to pursue it, and they pursue it solely for their own sake, no other. One man's dream can hold dominion over the entire world, for one who dedicates his life to the forging of a single sword. While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men, and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams, but long after they've been abandoned, they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead! For they have no dreams.
They are my able soldiers it's true, they are dedicated comrades who sacrifice themselves for my dream so that it might be real. But that does not make them friends. In my mind a true friend never relies on another's dream. The man, who would be my friend, must have his own reason for living, beyond me. And he should put his heart and soul into protecting his dream. He should never hesitate to defend it, even against me. For me to call a man my friend, he must be equal to me in all respects."

What personally I love is the poetry of the scene and the "concept" of the last part of the speech. Really a beautiful and elegant piece of art. 

C'mon really? No one love it? :(

Very beautiful indeed. Reminds me of Chaplin's famous speech in The Great Dictator.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I love it. There is a lot of wisdom in it. Especially the part about the friend I agree with.

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

1 hour ago, Loreena said:

Very beautiful indeed. Reminds me of Chaplin's famous speech in The Great Dictator.

Yes, amazing one too. We should make a topic with high consciousness and beautiful speeches like these! :)

Yeah I'm thinking about create some topic regarding anime here in the forum because I'm feeling more and more attract to anime, maybe to the point that I would like to make it my job/life purpose. And I've see lots of people on the forum quoting anime or making Naruto reference etc... (I believe because in part it comes from the fact that we resonate with leo personality and because most of us are "internet explorer/"  It would be amazing to have friends that would be interest on my exact same thing (anime, cinema, stand up comedy, mediation enlightenment/philosophy and personal development -in order :) ). So yeah we will fusion actualized.org w anime :) "Believe it" :P

@Captain Flint Wouldn't it be nice if we ditched all the hypocritical garbage in favor of pragmatism and honesty ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly