Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vivaldo

Any facial hair growth tips please

11 posts in this topic

I am 19... My facial hair is not that great.  Can someone tell if I will ever be able to grow a thick beard? What should I do to increase the volume and density.

Almost entirely genetic. I wouldn't waste your time and money with supplements, creams, oils, special routines, etc. For most guys it will get thicker and denser as they age. By 25 or so you should be able to grow a better beard.

Maybe get bloodwork done by your doctor to see if you have low testosterone. 

Don't focus on it too much. Mostly genetically driven as mentioned above. Focus on things you have control over in your life that are more important ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

5 hours ago, Vivaldo said:

I am 19... My facial hair is not that great.  Can someone tell if I will ever be able to grow a thick beard? What should I do to increase the volume and density.

Some people really profit from microneedling + topical minoxidil for beard growth.
Look into it.

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Also why is that pubic hair grows so thick but not facial hair?

Use minoxidil for men on your face, get 5 percent.
Hair skin and nails supplement as well.
Get blood checked to be sure you don't have any deficiencies.

MRSXX_front_box_only.jpg152528_1.jpg

Also, you are 19 so it takes a few years.  My ex didn't even grow a beard at that age, it came in around 22-25.

I had a problem with tellogen effluvium due to autoimmune issues - a few years ago and use minoxidil daily for it, and I have not had another bout of hair loss in 5 years, and even got some extra thickness in hair volume, the effluvium made it thin out.  Now, it also made the hairs right above my eyes grow in thicker, even though I put it on my head, but I just wax them off and it's all good.  So I know it will work for a face.  Try it once a day for a year, take before and after photos and you should see a lot of growth.  If you quit using it though, you might lose your beard so keep using it if it works for you.  Gl!

Edited by Loba

@Loba what is point of using it if I will lose after quiting?

@Vivaldo You might, you might not. 
You might grow into your beard as you age, and never have to use it again, or it will grow your beard out, and you'll have to keep using it.  It all depends.  The point is, it is the best product I know of out there for anyone to buy off the shelf that can help you to gain a nice beard.

It doesn't take much time to apply, I put a bit on in the morning on my hair line and then spread it on the areas where the effluvium took hold and all in all it takes about two minutes each day.