Kksd74628

Shuffle dance journey -joNi-

23 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! This journal is about me learning to dance like a crazy. Point is just to prove people that everything is possible as long as you want it enough. I will track the amount of hours I have danced and moves that I have learned at least for a beginning. First I will just share videos that I use to practise this heavenly skill of expressing oneself to the beautiful universe. When I think I am good enough I will start to share videos of me actually dancing, but I can't say for sure how long that will take so at least for NOW there will be only talking until I decide to start showing results.

I am spontaneous person and that's why I decided to make something new only based on one thought. Thing is that I have never danced if moving randomly like a madman does not count. :D While I am writing this I am almost laughing to stupidity of this whole thing. I mean best things in life happen accidentally and by not resisting yourself. Allow yourself to feel and do whatever comes and suffering only happens with resistance.

I absolute love challenges so I am actually making something incredible happen and my passion wouldn't let me fail anything I start. Point of life is enjoy it and that is the only thing I will ever say and there are just no reasons not to do something unbelievable. So please make yourself comfy or take dance position and lets dive into this magical journey <3

BELOW ONE VIDEO THAT PRESENTS CRAZINESS OF THIS JOURNEY

Who told you that "others" are real?

Today was the first day I practised dancing and I learned 3 moves (running man, t-step and criss-cross) and top of that I did 30 minutes of dancing to music randomly just anything that came into mind. I made one dancing practise/game for very beginners like me and that was trying to tap floor with one foot always on the music beat and by changing foot and being creative you can do anything you want. Don't suppress your self expression by not moving your hands at all. One very important thing I discovered is to warm up your knees, because otherwise dancing can be painful and you may hurt yourself. 

Here is the tutorial video I used to learn these 3 moves and the tutorial for knee warm up.

Time danced: 30 min

Dance moves learned: 3

Day 2

Today was second day learning to dance and I learned another 3 dance moves (foot tap, traveling feet and jive) and something random that I made by myself. Because dancing is form of self expression you have to do that which comes to your mind. All dance moves are here just so you have something to play with.

Thing in dancing is that you have to get used moving your body so first it doesn't even matter what you do as long as you don't suppress yourself from trying something different. Dancing is fun activity so just enjoy yourself and one additional tip is just to let your body do whatever it wants and surrender your control that actually you don't have to begin with, but most likely I won't explain that further, because this is journey about dancing.

My motivation towards dancing is about to skyrocket like what happens with every challenge that I start. Soon I will be watching ton of different dancing videos and getting into theoretical part of it. Also I will make my own theories of different aspects of dancing so it gets clear that what I do. I will also share those insights here so people can follow this journey whenever they want.

One good thing to remember is that you don't need to wait till you have dancing shoes or sport clothes, because you can actually buy these things after you have done dancing for solid time. If you are that type of guy who wants to buy all things before you start, I would challenge you to make exception in this one. Also I don't need to stress too much about how I can record dancing, because that is not happening for a while.

Time danced: 1 hour

Dance moves learned: 6

Edited by Kksd74628

Here are more moves for me to learn and I also have to start learning more moves a day so I will make faster progress.

Day 3

Today was third day dancing and I learned another 3 moves from 100 Shuffle Moves by Prokopik Yurii (step 1, step 3 and step 7). I was almost taking break today, because my stomach for some reason didn't like dancing. I knew that it is okay to listen for your body - but as I am unyielding - I made myself to accomplish it and I am happy of my decision.

My opinion is that first the dancer should feel proud of him/herself and dance with confidence, because if you can dance with confidence even if you are just beginner then think how you could behave when you are actually good. Good way to this is to get used moving your hands freely and take lot of space even if you don't know at this point what you should do.

Thing is that I try to learn all the most important elements of dancing as efficient as possible so I won't get stuck not progressing. As I said previously, I will make at some point theory about how one could learn to dance as easily as possible, because I trust that when you are one with your body, you will be lot of happier.

Next day I will definitely learn some upperbody moves for so I can mix things more easily and here are the videos I will use.

At this point only that last Arm Moves by David Andrade is required, but I am pretty sure that learning arm and body wave does help you to build control of your body and that can free you up even more. So if you are beginner as well as I am then I would say that maybe leave those waves for the start, because otherwise you could get too frustrated and stop this journey, trust me.

Time danced: 1,5 hours

Dance moves learned: 9

Day 4

Today I learned another 3 dance moves (step 5, step 6 and reverse running man) and the insight of the day was that you will get very exhausted, if you don't know how to save energy while dancing. By that I mean that you should simply reduce intensity and pace, if you are out of breath. I wouldn't take breaks, if you only dance a half our, because you need to gain necessary condition for dancing. Maybe I should start running again, hmm.

There is a difference in learning move and making it stick to your deep memory. If you can focus on moving your hands and making different upper body "moves" while dancing through that dance move then I would call that you really have it. Those dance moves I have learned I almost can do that, but sometimes I need little bit concentrating to my legs and then my hands will not keep up with legs.

Time danced: 2 hours

Dance moves learned: 12

I had insight that I don't want to restrict myself to one dance style so I will introduce Hip-Hop moves aswell to have more things to play with. Like Bruce Lee said he can't teach self-expression, because teaching implies to method that implies to style and if you want to express yourself fully you cannot practise style, because otherwise you have "limits".

So here are some Hip-Hop tutorials.

Day 5

Today I only learned some variations to running man so there is more things to play with. I will still call those as individual dance moves for the sake of counting them. I also need to take better care of drinking enough water and eating enough food, because now whole dancing experience didn't feel good, but I did it for the sake of progress.

Here is video for running man variations.

Time danced: 2,5 hours

Dance moves learned: 15

I actually found some super cool moves!

Day 6

In theoretical level I am starting to understand how shuffling works. You need 3 main things which are fluidity of moves, good vibe and the dance moves itself. Fluidity of moves basically means that you try to be as light as possible and "flow" in the air and that also saves your stamina, because you don't need to jump too high. Good vibe means that you have fun, give 100 % of yourself and don't suppress yourself. And you need dance moves so you have enough things to play with.

In couple of days I will be paying extremely amount of attention to just that fluidity, because I would say that this is the most important thing in any dancing and body activity. I may buy dancing shoes soon only, because I think that it is important to get used to wearing shoes and especially the ones I will use for a long time.

I am feeling ultimately confident in claiming that I will someday be extremely talented shuffle dancer and that is the self-confidence everyone should have in whatever they do. If you don't feel yourself as fabulous cool, you have lot of work to do, because you need to realize yourself as best person in the Universe and that no one can challenge you. This is not being egoistical, but just having ultimate power of self-confidende. That is the art, beautifulness, love and point of life - TO BE HAPPY.

Time danced: 3 hours

Dance moves learned: 18 

Day 7

Now I have been learning dancing for a week only and I feel very confident dancing so I am just waiting what will happen in month or 3 months for example. I am thinking about adding jumpstyle moves to my dancing so it gets more interesting and airy. Would be nice to see my own dancing from some mirror or from recording so I could fix "problems" and have cleaner dancing.

Time danced: 3,5 hours

Dance moves learned: 21

Day 8

This day was the most intense till NOW. Learned different t-step variations and got insight that you should always focus on the foot that is doing pivoting and having your weight completely top of it. I am really thinking that I need better stamina, but I trust in the process and I think that the required stamina will develop in time. Because I am already doing 30min dancing + maybe another 15 - 30 min that I don't even calculate to practise new moves so I think that adding running could be overkill, but who knows :D.

With this speed I need just more fuel into to engine (eat more calories), because that what I am eating is still not enough. Also changing some juices into water could help to have more refreshed body. My body weight atm is about 59 kg and I am like 175 cm tall so I could maybe have little bit more mass on me.

Time danced: 4 hours

Dance moves learned: 24

Day 9 & 10

I learned that I need to point my shoulder same direction where I am dancing with my feet. That gives dance more style and energy. I tried also implement my hips little bit more to my dance. Also I have tried to eat more and that have helped with my energy levels. My feet are constantly little bit sore so maybe I could go to sauna and that could recover them faster. Nothing too speacial these days.

Time danced: 5,5 hours

Dance moves learned: I won't count anymore, because there are so many own moves so I can't keep a record of them.

Day 11

NOW it seems like I am not doing progress, but that may be mental thing. Last 2 dancing hours have felt like the same without too much difference. I mean of course someone could say that at least I am solid. But as I know progress is not linear ever. It would feel better maybe to train once or twice with professional dancer. Maybe it is soon time just to record my dancing and see the things that need fine adjusting. The most important thing is that I having fun while dancing! : )

Time danced: 6 hours

Day 12

Now I recognized that the reason for no progress is that I have been too exhausted and my whole body has been very stiff. To be honest I don't even understand the reason, but maybe couple of days break could do good, but I just wouldn't want to take break when I just started. Maybe I could learn some hand moves or something for future days.

Time danced: 6,5 hours

Day 13

It seems like I made the problem myself, because not learning new dance moves and trying to master one particular dance move left me repeating same pattern day after day. I think the main point anyways is to keep going and wait till the progress starts again. From personal experience I can say that the first wall in progress is the hardest and everything after it is easy.

Here is one video to learn some hip-hop moves on the way.

Time danced: 7 hours

Day 14

I have danced almost half a month NOW and my groove is starting to come back so I guess that after whole month my vibe is back fuller than ever. I would say that patience is needed and good vision so you don't stop in thinking about the slow progress, but the big picture instead. I know that there is something that I am missing, because I have been "stuck" for almost a week NOW

Time danced: 7,5 hours

Day 15

I didn't even understand that I had these bad boys on my closet! They had extremely slippery soles and that boosted my practise into stratospheres. It was so small thing as good shuffling shoes that made incredibly big difference to my practise and NOW my groove is full on again, yeehaa : ) 

Kengät.jpeg

Time danced: 8 hours

Day 16

Yeah, dancing with these shoes is awesome! I started learning hip rotations, because some other dance styles require that and I would say that every dance style benefits from you being like water. Be water, my friend - Bruce Lee. Maybe I could go to dance in some place where I could watch myself from big mirror, because then I would instantly see how I look a like while dancing and what mistakes I am making. I already have watched myself from tv reflection, but that does not kind of work, because I can only see my middle body.

Time danced: 8,5