Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DieFree

Amy Coney Barrets - Face of America's Stage Blue Right Wing Court

8 posts in this topic

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2022/02/14/amy-coney-barretts-long-game

The conservatives have a 6-3 majority. The previous establishment conservatives are losing ground to a new breed who think their duty is to impose their "right" morality on the rest. Take a look at this quote from the article:

Just authority in rulers can be exercised for the good of subjects, if necessary even against the subjects’ own perceptions of what is best for them—perceptions that may change over time anyway, as the law teaches, habituates, and re-forms them. Subjects will come to thank the ruler whose legal strictures, possibly experienced at first as coercive, encourage subjects to form more authentic desires for the individual and common goods, better habits, and beliefs that better track and promote communal well-being.

What an interesting time we live in. The coastal areas are moving to green, an assertive green, while middle America is an assertive red and an even more assertive, Christian blue that has methodically taken over the courts. I don't think Ray Dalio is off when he says America is headed for civil war. 

How do you imagine this civil war to look like? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Hard to imagine. The civil war was a nicely defined north-south geographic split. Now in America, southern cities vote democrat and rural northern states vote for Trump. 

@DieFree in general I assume or predict that Joe Biden will most likely gain the election again,as has usually been the case with most democratic presidents in the history of US presidential elections. However the midterm elections have been showing a slight uptick in the approval ratings  for the Republicans. 

So I'm predicting a cold war between both parties over the next few months and at least the next 3-5 years. 

The outcome is very tough to arrive at. It can fluctuate a lot and kinda flip flop between democrats and republicans with very little margin for victory or defeat on each side. A contentious close race for this decade of 2020-2030.

How this does not mean a civil war, not on a huge scale, but I can see (in the near future) a huge possibility of public outrage, open conflicts on streets, too much protesting and rioting and intense conflicts and baiting, yet I don't see a clear civil war breakout. 

However I could be wrong and things can really the form of a civil war. I just don't know what it might lead to specifically. I don't see union between left and right perspectives. That doesn't seem likely at all(like not even in the far future because the differences are too extreme for a middle ground). 

Let's say a civil war breaks out. I'm not sure what the final outcome of such a war would look like. What will happen next? Who will win? Both groups are equally strong in the US. You can't defeat public opinion because of the freedom of speech mandate. 

It is clear to me that even if someone similar to Trump comes to power again, that American public would resist it as much as possible, because Trump has had been a good learning lesson, the confidence of the general public has been renewed, a lot of people actually thought they could do nothing to Trump, but he has been dethroned and rejected outrightly, sure another like him can win public faith again, but the general awareness of the public is much stronger now (and mostly likely will stay like this in the future) and this means they won't allow the democracy to be hijacked and once again democracy will be restored with even stronger defenses than you see now. So there are only two Options here for the future of elections - either you will see democrat candidates emerging as winners in the Civil War or a more moderate(moderate conservative I mean) Republican will hold office. Over time the Republicans will need to re-strategize their campaigns and policies to suit the demands of the public at that time in the future. 

This is what I see as the culmination of the Civil War. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I no longer think that a civil war is going to happen within the foreseeable future or within the next few decades.

Washington D.C. and the entire law enforcement throughout the whole country has way too strong of a monopoly of force these days. If any large groups of people tried to start a civil war or battle within the country then the US military and law enforcement will be able to easily intervene and put an end to such chaos and violence. Also, it actually doesn’t seem like most people serving in the military or in the law enforcement personnel are corruptible to the point of being influenced or coerced by someone else to cause mutiny or turn against their commanding officers or the chain of command.

Furthermore, every state has a certain mix of Conservatives, Moderates, Liberals, Republicans, Independents, and Democrats. Plus, the blue states and the red states are not split so evenly  from each other like in the 1800s. That already makes things too complicated to start a civil war between the left-wing and right wing. 

Hopefully, the 6-3 Conservative majority will face enough backlash that it will cause enough people in this country to demand a fundamental or major change in the court system.

I don’t think there is going to be a civil war with bullets.  There are more effective means.  The trucker’s strike in Canada is paralyzing their country.  Imagine if all the truckers in the US just decided to park in the middle of the street.  The country wouldn’t  survive for more than a week, thanks to globalism and just-in-time inventory control.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

More likely is that political violence becomes more far more common than it is right now, with the possiblity that radicalized groups with access to arsenals of weapons could cause serious social and economic disruptions.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

3 hours ago, DocWatts said:

More likely is that political violence becomes more far more common than it is right now, with the possiblity that radicalized groups with access to arsenals of weapons could cause serious social and economic disruptions.

Yeah that’s what I think too. It’ll probably be more like what happened during the Gilded Age. During that time not only was there a lot of political violence (perhaps even more so than there has been in recent times) but also the South suppressed black people from voting in their states. This period was also a time were the wealthy inequality was about as bad as it has been in recent times.

Edited by Hardkill