Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

How will you define emotional intelligence?

4 posts in this topic

Emotional intelligence is a key component of relationships. 

To me emotional intelligence is the ability to handle complex situations and the ability to filter the environment and understand it more intuitively. 

What is emotional intelligence according to you? 

Also how would you differentiate emotional intelligence from social intelligence? 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

understanding why you are experiencing the emotions you are experiencing but also taking the action you need to for those emotions, if i lets say understand i feel bad because i feel this lacking within that i don't have a partner and i don't take action because of some limiting beliefs about myself that i don't have X, i need Y first, maybe when i have Z in the future then that's not emotional intelligence 

i think social intelligence comes from being able to understand people through cognitive empathy as they are and being able to mold yourself to cater to them, from a place of love and not fear. as in not being a chamaleon who manipulates and avoids but being truly understanding

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

i define intelligence as saying what has never been said before (as opposed to intellect which is saying what everyone else says)

so emotional intelligence is bringing to surface the emotional dimension of communicating

namely it is spontaneous, personal, balanced, calibrated, sincere and unflinchingly honest ... it is not conventional, it is unique which makes it intelligent

the extent to which one brings this to one's communication is the measure of one's EQ

I used to think having emotional intelligence is about having empathy for others and being able to care for their needs. Of course, in order to have empathy, you need additional skills such as being observant, able to read people and understanding body language.

But EI is also about yourself. Do you have empathy for yourself? Do you understand your own body? Can you motivate yourself? Can you influence others?

Edited by hyruga