patricknotstar

Insight from lucid dreaming

5 posts in this topic

If I'm in a dream it controls me but once I go lucid I can control my dream environment. The cost is knowing none of it is real, so I have complete freedom with my imagination being the only limit , infinite pleasure but the burden of knowing none of it is real . Seems analogous to awakening , atleast from my conceptual understanding of it as i'm not actually enlightened.   Just a thought I had as someone who lucid dreams a lot (4-5 times a week) 

side note: Tbh lucid dreaming isn't infinite pleasure because when I get to the good stuff my heart rate jacks up and I usually wake up , sigh 

Edited by patricknotstar
side note

@patricknotstar Hey. How do you manage to lucid dream that often?

What techniques do you use and how long have you been doing it?

All that matters is your experience. If it's real in your dream, great. Awakening is the infinite pleasure because you also experience joy and know that reality is your creation.

You decide what is real.

7 hours ago, patricknotstar said:

I have complete freedom with my imagination being the only limit , 

A very sensible thing to say. It represents the truth about you, dreaming or not.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

52 minutes ago, bazera said:

@patricknotstar Hey. How do you manage to lucid dream that often?

What techniques do you use and how long have you been doing it?

never used any technique just something I've been able to do as a kid and they've started increasing in frequency as I've gotten older. Used to be just once a month at one point. 

"So what if it is all just happening inside your head harry? Does that make it any less real?" - Dumbledore