Superfluo

First time taking psychedelics, what should I do with dosage?

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

In a couple of weeks I'll have the opportunity to take some magic truffles (legally) with a trip sitter, and now I'm researching around dosages, harm reduction practices, effects, side effects, how to take them, truffles-mushrooms relationships and ratios, integration after the trip, etc.

There's an issue that I still haven't found an answer to though. Since it will be my first time taking magic truffles/psylocibin, I don't know how much I'll be sensible to them and I don't know if I'll have unusual reactions.

So I thought it'd be wise to take a little dose, less than a small dose, just to see if I have an unexpected reaction to the chimical compounds the truffles contain (which obviously contain more stuff that just psylocibin, since they are not pure psylocibin). Then, after that initial trial dose, if everything goes right I'm planning to take a normal dose, a dose right for a newbie (I'm still researching the right amount, which I'll take with the wisdom of the effects from the trial dose).

However you should wait at least a week before tripping again. But this advice is given for normal or big amounts though, because you take a week off to integrate and not to develop tolerance. So I don't know if trying with a very small dose and then taking the normal one is okay, or if I should just take only the normal dose right away.

I could try to take the trial dose and then, from there, build my way up to the normal dose. But since this will pretty much be a one-shot opportunity, it's either or.

Also, let's assume that the normal dose will be mild for me, not satisfactory (keeping in mind that it's wise to take it easy the first times) and I want to take them again. It's not fully clear to me if I can take another normal dose of truffles the days following the first trip. Will they give smaller effects since I'll have developed tolerance (even though the first trip is mild)? Or will they give me a stronger trip the second time?

And since here we have some experienced psychonauts, what about taking more truffles if I see that the normal dose in not enough? I mean taking them during the same trip, to increase the effects of the prior dose. I've found some info online that says the effects don't add up, but rather increase exponentially, and I'd like to have more perspectives on this.

Thank you!

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

If you're taking a micro dose, then a normal does the next day should be fine. The micro dose won't be enough to build any tolerance, especially since your receptors are brand new to psychedelics.

My advice is to start with a normal dose. Your first experience with psychedelics will likely be the most memorable and impactful, so with that in mind I would start with a great first beginner dose. You don't want to do to little, or you won't get the full experience. You also (obviously) don't want to do too much. There is a sweet spot. I'm not sure what it is for truffles, but for dried magic mushrooms that would be 1-2 grams. 

My first experience was 2 grams with dried mushrooms. It was beautiful, and I'm happy I went with such a solid dose for my first real trip.

But if you aren't feeling that you can always start with the micro dose.

In the end thats just my opinion from my experience, and i'm not an expert.

Cheers! And enjoy your trip. Would love to hear a report after your done.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

I would say take a heroic dose to magnify the experience. 

You want your first to be a defining moment in your life.

If you are healthy person with no preexisting conditions Magic Mushroom is not to be feared.

Biggest advise don't freak out no matter what. It is just awareness. Just enjoy the beauty. 

I still remember my first 4ACO DMT(Magic Mushroom trip). One of the most beautiful experience of my life.

What you are seeing is so beautiful, you would want to cry. It is the divine imagination.

Enjoy. I prescribe heroic dose if set, setting and intention are done properly.

1-2g dried. Look up the truffle equivalent.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Watch out which strain of truffles you buy. The difference can be ridiculous.

Once took 30g of truffles (5/5 star rating), which was an equivalent of a 2-3g trip.

On another occasion, I took 11,25g of truffles (6/5 star rating; not a typo). I still don't know what the proper mushroom equivalent is. I once took 4,5g of dried mushrooms but still wasn't "there", where I was on 11,25g of truffles.

Once the truffles/shrooms are ingested, you have a two hour time frame in which you can ramp up the dose. Anything after that, you have to take exponentially more.

Have a good one!