sausagehead

Who here has tangible results from meditation?

26 posts in this topic

There are many benefits that come from regular meditation, but one thing you should not expect is for it to make you feel like you’re on a perpetual 5-MeO-DMT trip.  The ways in which it changes you is so subtle and gradual that you may not even notice it until a couple of years down the road when you will finally look back and remember how you used to interact with the world and other people.  You will most likely notice that you are much more calm and collected, less frustrated, much less likely to lose your shit when something inconveniences you.  You will become less judgmental of others as you’ll be much more aware of your own neuroses.  You will interact with the world much more consciously, and not just react to everything that happens in your environment in a knee jerk fashion, able to become aware of the emotions that are rising up in you as to not let them overtake you.  You will become more aware in general of everything that is happening around you and within you. Little details that your mind used to filter out will now become more apparent, increasing your overall observation.  You will start to live more in the moment and not stress so much about the past or future.  You will start to take life less seriously (in a healthy way) 

Though I usually don’t want people to expect meditation to make them feel like they’re in a perpetual drug trip, I do have to say that my own day to day experience has become more vivid and “trippy” in a way.  I think this is because mediation trains your mind to stop taking your reality for granted and to dissolve the boundary between yourself and what is being experienced, so it can make it feel like life is sort of popping out at you, and everything starts to feel more miraculous.  

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

"Just sit here and you'll be a thousand times Ayahuasca" -Sadhguru

Traditional Vipassana is a potent practice, but only if it's done to the exclusion of everything else(you meditate 24/7 or as close to it as possible). If you have insufficient discipline and/or free time, then mind-altering substances are far superior as they tend to work about 100,000 times faster. However, it's relative to your desires as those determine what your objectives are. If all you want to do is be free from anxiety, then 30 minutes a day of Vipassana will likely be sufficient. If you want to know God or even develop the powers of your mind, then you'll need to do it nearly nonstop for a prolonged period. Also, keep in mind that there are an infinite amount of different kinds of meditation. And these variants(Shamhavi Mudra for instance is different from Vipassana) all have different impact and different levels of potency. And also, the same practice doesn't impact everyone the same just as it is with drugs. So meditation is more potent in some than it is in others.

As for the tangible results I've obtained with meditation. I've never done Vipassana enough to acquire any substantial affectation to myself. However, back in 2019, I trained with the entire course from Arvari(Academy for remote viewing and remote influencing). And afterward, I used the extent remote viewing meditation to foreknow the result of a Megamillions drawing(which I didn't consider playing because I wanted to know I was really was in an omniscient state). And in hindsight, I know that I predicted it perfectly. But at the time I thought I had failed and stopped training because I got all the numbers right, but the mega ball and 4th ball were the only ones in the "correct place". Well, recently I discovered that in the Megamillions and Powerball, the order of the numbers doesn't matter(except the Powerball/mega ball, whose placement I got correct). So if I just had the faith based on the fact that I got all the numbers right and kept going, I could have been hitting major lotteries on the regular the past three years. How silly I must be from the perspective of the Godhead. Here I was this highfalutin omniscient being taken down by a simple little detail any idiot mortal who's played these games in a gambling capacity would know.

Relative to the possibilities of basic breath focusing meditation. I've thought about experimenting with it to see if it enables remote viewing, or even remote influencing when practiced long enough. But I've never done it because at the moment I'm using my own system of constant dream control. Whilst also still researching substances and their effects from a third-person perspective. So have any of you experienced psychic abilities or heightened psychic abilities from Vipassana?

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

When I do lots of concentration work I learn 10 x as fast. I also find it very easy to manifest what I want.

Basically any technique will upgrade your brain. The most important thing is to stick to one technique whether it's a simple concentration technique like breath counting or something better like body scanning (Vipassana but it also trains concentration) or something else.

Stick to one technique, meditate for 1 - 3 hours a day and go on a retreat once in a while. You will be many times smarter than you were before.

Another thing - I'd stay away from techniques like do nothing until you have enough experience with a more basic one. 

Edited by Michal__

3 hours ago, softlyblossoming said:

@Michal__ Do you have a good tutorial, or your own other top tips that some people don't know, for body scanning? Thank you <3

https://youtu.be/OdDF-ocuChk

This is good.

But it would be best if you went to a 10 day goenka retreat since the technique takes a while to learn.

But you can learn it yourself (this video + Goenka's videos on YT).