Pernani

How to decide if you'd rather have more of Value X or more of Value Y?

5 posts in this topic

While going through the values assessment part 8 (where you're supposed to rank your values based on how much you desire them over the others) I found myself prioritising the different values i have on my list based on what I desire at this current stage in my life! I'm not sure if I'm doing right. I think this approach is appropriate since the things we value are expected to change and morph as we go through life?

I can imagine that I would have different results if I tried to classify my values based on what find is timelessly meaningful to me, if there's such a thing. Like I strongly feel like I'm currently drawn to the value of Contribution over the value of Beauty, but I'm also half expecting that to change in the future, if that makes sense. 

How do u approach this? Also, ranking values according to what I need at the moment just feels easier a lot more intuitive. 

What you may notice if you take the LP course a year or 2 later is that your values didn't change much but your understanding of them deepened. For example, my highest value is truth, but I had no idea what that meant when I first took the course. I have a much deeper understanding of truth now but the value hasn't changed. A value is like a direction, not an ideal.

Yes, rank them according to how you feel now (when else could you do it? ;) )

6 hours ago, SonataAllegro said:

What you may notice if you take the LP course a year or 2 later is that your values didn't change much but your understanding of them deepened. For example, my highest value is truth, but I had no idea what that meant when I first took the course. I have a much deeper understanding of truth now but the value hasn't changed. A value is like a direction, not an ideal.

Yes, rank them according to how you feel now (when else could you do it? ;) )

thank uu for ur input