Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Democrats finally get their opportunity to replace a Supreme Court Justice!

5 posts in this topic

Good news, everyone!

Just this morning, the mainstream media broke the news of Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer's retirement plan. That now means that Biden will be able to appoint a brand new liberal justice to the SCOTUS and then have the pick confirmed by Senate Majority leader Schumer, Senate Majority Whip and Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee Dick Durbin, and the rest of the Democrats in the Senate. 

Breyer won't formally announce the exact details on his plan for retiring until tomorrow; however, they say that Breyer will probably finish his time with SCOTUS this summer.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/scotus-stephen-breyer-retirement/index.html

Good! I expect Republicans will do everything they can to stall the process. And maybe even some things they legally can’t. If it turns out I’m wrong that’s even better!

2 minutes ago, Willie said:

Good! I expect Republicans will do everything they can to stall the process. And maybe even some things they legally can’t. If it turns out I’m wrong that’s even better!

Yeah, hopefully the Republicans will only be able to just delay the process for just a little while.

The justice who’s retiring is a liberal, so it won’t make any difference to the number of liberals in the Supreme Court. Trump put 3 conservatives there. And none of them will be retiring anytime soon.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

9 hours ago, How to be wise said:

The justice who’s retiring is a liberal, so it won’t make any difference to the number of liberals in the Supreme Court. Trump put 3 conservatives there. And none of them will be retiring anytime soon.

That's true and I always knew it.

However, at the very least, the Dems are very likely able to stop the Republicans from putting in a 7th conservative Justice in SCOTUS. Plus, there's a very strong chance that we'll end up having the very first black woman US Supreme Court justice.

Edited by Hardkill