Danioover9000

To free lancers out here.

25 posts in this topic

It's not really an obsession.

It's just when you know you have to write that book, or create this comic.

Like you could be doing something else completely, for days, months maybe years. Being perfectly happy.

But in the back of your head you still know you have to do this.

Not because someone else said so, or because you think you need to do it.

But because you feel like it is your purpose, your destiny.

Why are you here?

It seems like you envision the feelings and success (being on stage, being liked by fans).

I'd encourage you to work on mastering your emotions.

You will see that big accomplishments won't make you any happier than you are now.

Find something you want to create and enjoy the process.

It's not about the end. It's about the ride.

The end is an illusion.

@universe

8 hours ago, universe said:

It's not really an obsession.

It's just when you know you have to write that book, or create this comic.

Like you could be doing something else completely, for days, months maybe years. Being perfectly happy.

But in the back of your head you still know you have to do this.

Not because someone else said so, or because you think you need to do it.

But because you feel like it is your purpose, your destiny.

Why are you here?

It seems like you envision the feelings and success (being on stage, being liked by fans).

I'd encourage you to work on mastering your emotions.

You will see that big accomplishments won't make you any happier than you are now.

Find something you want to create and enjoy the process.

It's not about the end. It's about the ride.

The end is an illusion.

So when I know I have to do something, write a book or create a comic, that's not an obsession?

I don't know why I'm here, 100% yet, but writing stories, drawing comics, and playing games is part of that.

I'm not doing this because somebody told me I'm a good writer or drawer, or I need those to survive. I sometimes don't have to, and let myself take a break.

On top of constructing stages, fans, libraries containing my future works, but I can also trigger lots of emotions as well.

The end is the beginning, and the middle is both. I like the end and the journey.

Honestly, you don't actually go to art conventions? 

the comic is in europe. originality and art.

Marshal Bass ,Darko Macan and Igor Kordey, the agles of Rome, marini , Cristopher Blaine, Francois bourgeon, André juillard, Alejandro jodorowsky and Juan Jiménez, zoran janetov, Ken parker, Pierre veys and Carlos puerta, and hundred more. The most beautiful art nowadays

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall

15 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

the comic is in europe. originality and art.

Marshal Bass ,Darko Macan and Igor Kordey, the agles of Rome, marini , Cristopher Blaine, Francois bourgeon, André juillard, Alejandro jodorowsky and Juan Jiménez, zoran janetov, Ken parker, Pierre veys and Carlos puerta, and hundred more. The most beautiful art nowadays

Thanks for sharing some artists from Europe. I'll check out their art work and compare and contrast them with western American comics and Eastern comics like manga.

I've finally bought a Wacom Intuos! I'm going to start some digital art soon. Any exercises and tips using the Wacom Intuos for digital art, digital illustrations and comics is appreciated.