Tim R

Need your help, brother is miserable

43 posts in this topic

Sounds like to me he needs unconditional love.. Something most people are not good at giving because very few people are shown this. Unconditional love is so incredibly healing but the paradox is that you can't expect him to be something else by giving that. Unconditional love is the answer to a lot of psychological problems... Is there a single person in his life where he can feel unconditional love around, that's the question, now it's reached a tipping point, so many of us don't/didn't have this growing up. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Try this: contemplate why you have problems with his behavior and try to release those. Realize his behavior is acceptable, then attempt to show him kindness again from your slightly elevated consciousness. Or just let it go. You're here to master your life, not someone elses'. Hard truths that we all must face right?

I like to hit stage orange people with the most logical bullshit until they submit and then I hit them with the stage green love.

Super vague response, I know - but really this has worked.

Stage orange people have that ‘athlete’ banter. The type of insulting you see on the show shark tank. 

As I have developed I gotten more and more concerned with insulting people - but forget how ruthless stages like blue and orange can be verbally to  each other. Consequently, I will watch my words more when really I could just give them some easy rationalization about how they are screwing themselves (which they already know, and is why they are miserable) and then let them know how loved they.

It is one of the things that got me out of orange. Anytime I would have a problem with myself I’d have to start letting myself know that ‘it is okay, someone else has been here.’

And that’s stage green in a nut shell; the community.

The other option that has worked for me with others is acting ignorant in a smooth way.

Instead of going to the over rational route and then hitting them with the love - just act ignorant.

What going on here? Can you help me understand? And use the Jordan Peterson tactic of ‘only try to explain something to someone when you have already explain their points back to them in a way they agree with.’

Basically just act dumb so he has to explain him self and then really listen and repeat his words back to him, not to make a point, but to give him the closure he wants.

Also, idk what your brothers deal is. There is almost certainly context I’m not getting here. 
these Were just ways I have successfully worked with people, specially stage orange.