Kazman

Passion Or Money?

19 posts in this topic

So I feel, more than ever, that I know what kind of content I want to be making and sharing, what my domain(s) of mastery should be and what my ideal medium is.

But there is a lot of wiggle room still, and I haven't really got a solid cash flow engine, just different vague ideas of how to build it in the future, but it's hard to test now before I have a solid brand and audience and any products.

should I just keep going with it 'cos I love it or think some more? Going with it takes a lot of time and energy so if I do that I won't have much time to put into cash flow concepts.

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

Why don't you invest a mentor or coach who can help you if your method is not working. Or, try a different strategy and test that out. 

Depends on what you want really.

Some entrepreneurs would say you're crazy just for going into something because you love it. That without a solid strategy to generate cash flow, your business will die.

I'm more of the "fuck it, dive in and figure it out along the way" type.

I'm not saying that's the best way to do business. But I'm such a stubborn artist that I couldn't do it any other way.

So it depends on what you want. Are you okay with struggling monetarily maybe for years if it means you get to work on your passion?

@aurum I'm difintely a figure it out a long the way type of guy myself.

I just finished reading Purple Cow by Seth Godin and got some insights.

I think for now it is important for me to focus on what to give and how to give what I want in the best way and explore it as much as possible, regardless of money.

I'll experiment with creating a brand/product/series that will stand out and see how much interest I can gather, how it makes me feel and the rest will reveal itself. :)

thanks for the comment!

@Kazman Like you, I am a hands on learner.  I love to figure it out as I go.  I think you have to find the balance between paying your bills and doing what you love.  I am not the first to say that if you do what you love, you will never work another day in your life.  I'm pretty sure its in one of Leo's YouTube vidoes where he talks about pursuing your passion, and the money will come.  Might I also suggest - if you are not already doing so - reading literature in the area of business/entrepreneur.  At a minimum, you will find sparks of energy and creative ideas that may point you in the right direction.  Best of luck to you and remember to keep the balance     

@Passionate thanks! Any fav books in that area for me to check out? Yes I think i read a few :)

@Kazman  try something from Dale Carnegie, Steven Covey or Tony Robbins.  They are all excellent authors IMHO.  What books have you read that you like?

I've read how to win friends and influence people by carnegie. Other than that I've read Mastery and recently several by Seth Godin.

I really liked Martin Ball's book that he talked about in his interview with Leo, though that is more about spirituality.

Edited by Kazman

@Kazman  What was your take on Carnegie's How to Win Friends and influence People?  and Mastery is on my list for obvious reasons.......   :)

@Passionate I think Influence is a great book, very practical, very specific. I've been wanting to get back to it lately actually to look certain things up but I think I borrowed it to someone. 

From an enlightenment perspective however, it is really a book on how to stroke others ego's to grow your own ego. But it's a good one!

Passion. This could become obvious to you. Consider, why are you choosing to think you can't have everything you want? Passion, money, etc. The difference between you and someone who has everything they want is you are choosing resistant thought. Don't be stubborn. Allow everything.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@jse thank you ✨

haha on further contemplation, does that also imply that just like day follows night, passion should follow money? ?

Edited by Kazman

In my opinion, an important articulation to be made is to be more passionate, not to find something that you think will make you more passionate. There is no reason you can't be passionate about everything. I just ate toast. It was my favorite part of the day! I listened to some PD on the way to work, and it was the best part of my day! I talked with my team and we planned, focus, laughed- it was the best part of my day! I took my mom to the dr's, it felt great to be able to help, it was the best part of my day! I'm loving the insights I'm getting from this forum, and I love giving love to it, it's the best part of my day!

@Nahm that's lovely! PD what? PD Ouspensky? ?

On 2/10/2017 at 6:08 AM, jse said:

Oki @Kazman , perhaps a more suitable metaphor:

As Death follows Life, Money follows Passion.

Interpret that as you will.  ^_^

So, life does not follow death?