Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mememe

enjoying work and becoming creative again in all aspects vs avoidance strategy

8 posts in this topic

when i started with consuming actualized.org a few years ago, i was on search for help in structuring and organizing my life into one with a successful creative business. but soon got lost in the entertainment factor, problems of others, political concernes, own family issues, and neglected dreams, unfullfilled hope for the future and soon lost track of my purpose. which was it again?

sure i learned a lot of stuff i thought was interesting for a profound understanding of the world as it is.

but in some sense i‘m back at zero - zero measurable development in sense of business development. partially because of avoidance strategies regarding all the financial aspects of a business, creativity aside.

hopes, when i bought the life purpose course were going in the direction of getting into a dynamic which would transport my ideas towards a successful business. although i stopped doing it when my ideas started to loose ground/solid foundation.

what i‘m most missing out on is a structure to take creativity and business as such equally serious and spend time enjoying all aspects of what i could offer to a market if i would structure myself into a working machine for serious.

how do you guys do it? in how many sections would you structure a functioning business, while not being able to successfully avoid any of it as foundational? did your expectations regarding business take the right track or did you get lost in a labyrinth? if you are creative or more science driven, how do you hold it with the black box of finances and marketing and generally the contact to material success if that’s already an avoidance shaddow?

or a bit more concrete, how do you get a hold of the less approachable walls, how do you get a grip on that surface, build motivation to get a hold on these topics?

a bit like: how to start striving again if you almost can’t remember how that felt like?

Edited by mememe

for example in my training needs assessment (i never trained on that, obviously i try to learn the method of training needs assessment while doing it) today i decided to start with the basics again, like being my own secretary. i decided a secretary function is one of the departments my business can’t skip out on. i will train on being my secretary for the next couple of days/weeks while my creative productive me will be absent, until i master that. 

how do you guys organize or structure your business if you are basically a oneman show?

Edited by mememe

On 1/19/2022 at 3:25 AM, mememe said:

how to start striving again if you almost can’t remember how that felt like?

Undo this way of thinking (overall op) / get back to the way you looked at things before, by letting it go each time it arises, by focusing on feeling breathing from the stomach. Allow the ‘why’ of this change to simply be - because of the discord. The future purpose and serious thinking will naturally disappear like any discordant concept no longer fed attention, and more & more the creativity which never went anywhere, is felt, know, and seen as, now. The real you. Not the thoughts, or, the purpose driven concept of you. 

Make a dreamboard. This makes it clear you’re creating all of it, and all the dots connect. The vantage of seeing it all in front of you, is very different than ‘floating around in your head’ or saved in files. It’s all for fun. Nothing serious or conceptual really happening here. (But thinking that way makes it seem so). 

Use the emotional scale. The key recognition from doing so will be that one must let discordant thoughts go, to feel content, and then move on to the emotions you’re desiring to feel, naturally. As you do there is less back & fourth, less ups & downs, in no longer carrying the discord, or, trying to bring it with you so to speak, and feel better and more creative. I think you’ll find nothing need be done at all for creativity, sans not suppressing it with conceptualizing it (and yourself). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 19/01/2022 at 1:25 AM, mememe said:

a bit like: how to start striving again if you almost can’t remember how that felt like?

It feels like you're feeling uninspired at the moment. Find the inspiration again and again and the rest are tackled to meet your vision. I guess if you want to be financially afloat, sometimes that vision has to be met 'aggressively' like an OCD perfectionist. All depends on how much you want to keep doing it/have the money to keep doing it. Burn out is real too.

It's also possible you're falling out of love with what you've been doing and in a transition to something else. That's also okay business/LP can come and go too.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

4 hours ago, puporing said:

It feels like you're feeling uninspired at the moment. Find the inspiration again and again and the rest are tackled to meet your vision.

mhh no, that’s not it - inspiration is not the problem. if anything shying away from uninspiring work. monotonous work is not attractive to me (in that i‘m uninspired to do monotonous work, so yes)

i also don’t like hirarchical and power/pyramid/mountaintop aspects of business which is why i‘m sometimes uninspired.

what i was referring to was more the lack of practical approach in this section. and how creatives (and non creatives) tend to be less good with business aspects, as they usually put idealistic values before personal material gain. so like with introverts and extroverts there are people mainly interested in these more materialistic-ideal-material aspects and people more interested in idealistic-ideal-ideals and less people interested in idealistic-ideal-material aspects.

i mean @Nahm is having a point there with visualization techniques.

although i was more refering to how to approach a new field of expertise without teachers for example - it is not the same, if i have a really good teacher i‘m lucky, if the teacher is not that good i might not learn what i was setting out to learn. so what if i don’t find good material to teach myself? or is it better in these cases to find a teacher who has already access to certain type of knowledge? but then even in that, teachers vary in their vision of how to apply knowledge, and the outcome might be completely different. or should i outsource completely? making myself staying a bit blind.

realistically i figured: at least the basics, i’ll need to approach.

Edited by mememe

so, i tried it and it worked out for exactly two days to be my own secretary. and now all the stuff i have to do is piling up on my desk again. how to take this seriously, any tips on how to do this stuff, without skipping out? any ideas if there are online programs which train on secretary tasks? i‘ll probably ask the same question in the future for other business departments.

here is a career guide on what are the duties in a secretary job, although it doesn’t mean i can be one from one day to the other. its only a job description i can try to memecry myself into, but it’s not a substitute for what people learn in a vocational education.

https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/secretary-duties

anyone with the same problem? anyone interested in productive/constructive self actualization? or someone with solutions, tips?

Edited by mememe

I guess I don't understand how it could take days or weeks to learn secretary tasks. Don't you already know how to answer emails, phone calls, do basic filing?

Maybe it depends on the type of business you have. In my business I spend maybe 1 - 3 hours a MONTH replying to clients/customers. 15 - 30 minutes a month sending PayPal invoices. 10 minutes a month entering all my revenue/expenses into a spreadsheet for tax purposes. There is no paperwork to file because it's entirely paperless. And my business is small enough that all my emails go into 1 of 2 places: "Keep" folder or delete. Overall less than 5 hours per month on secretary/admin tasks.

First I would work on looking at being more efficient, see if any of your admin tasks don't really need to be done at all, or ways they can be done much quicker. Eg. if you spend a lot of time scheduling meetings with clients, allow clients to book their own time in your calendar through your website. Instead of them filling out a form and having to enter it yourself.

If you evaluate and there is still 20 hours of admin work to be done each month, then I guess I would be looking at getting a virtual assistant to do it.

In your business there should be one big money-making task that you're doing 90% of the time, especially in a creative business. You should do whatever you can to eliminate or delegate any other aspects of your business, so you can focus on doing that one thing.

Edited by Yarco

@Yarco thank you! i’ll try to get more factual about it. and will look into my processes regarding that stuff - to make it more efficient.

most definitely that stuff usually gets handled as business as usual. but it’s kind of weird i always feel pressured with it, it doesn’t feel natural and i oftentimes push communication to the limit of deadlines. its exactly the 90% rule why it never felt comfy, i can’t relax if i don’t find a more natural attitude to it. i don’t have a very money driven business at the moment and still am in the process of creating it. people suffer with a lot of weird stuff, like social anxiety and procrastination, we are expected to function though in all circumstances - it’s not like that, people can be like god in medicine but totally helpless with business. i’ve seen different people handling their “administration” tasks badly and with discomfort sometimes pushing it on others all my life. i feel bad if i have to outsource so much without understanding it to some extend. i might be a bit obsessed with needing to know how systems work i interact with to not feel out of control, i don’t like only handling the task i’m interested in the phenomenon.

Edited by mememe