Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Acharya

How Consistent Is Your Awareness?

30 posts in this topic

@Acharya One time I was meditating at night. I was focusing on my breath going in and out for 30 minutes. After that my thoughts stopped for the whole night. I went to bed and woke up 1 minute later or so it felt like that. The monkey mind came back in the morning though. I don't think it's possible to permanently destroy the mind, only during meditation it can be stopped. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

1 minute ago, Deep said:

@Acharya One time I was meditating at night. I was focusing on my breath going in and out for 30 minutes. After that my thoughts stopped for the whole night. I went to bed and woke up 1 minute later or so it felt like that. The monkey mind came back in the morning though. I don't think it's possible to permanently destroy the mind, only during meditation it can be stopped. 

Yes, I was talking about this kind of stuff. 

So this happened you one time, but how about the regular experience?

Just now, Acharya said:

Yes, I was talking about this kind of stuff. 

So this happened you one time, but how about the regular experience?

For regular experience, only a couple minutes. It might be longer or shorter at times. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

Not very practiced at it yet, maybe like... 30 seconds of awareness. 

How long did it take for you guys to notice consistent results with meditation?  Feeling better for a little while after meditation but the effects don't seem to last throughout the whole day.

7 minutes ago, Babybat said:

Not very practiced at it yet, maybe like... 30 seconds of awareness. 

How long did it take for you guys to notice consistent results with meditation?  Feeling better for a little while after meditation but the effects don't seem to last throughout the whole day.

I've been meditating for almost a year, I handle external situations way better than before. For example I am very calm during serious discussions and verbal fights, I hadn't that capacity before.

But as far the uninterrupted awareness is concerned I have not seen much improvement. But I have to say that the recall process has became much efficient through the practice, also outside the meditative session.

Edited by Acharya

@Acharya Most times when I meditate I eventually enter a state of no thought- pure awareness. That will last as long as I meditate and continue for various lengths of time afterward. (eyes closed and breath/mantra meditation)

When experiencing no-self, I went about 40 minutes once before the sense of self returned. (not meditating/eyes open).

I'm sitting here now turning off the thoughts to observe a still mind, now that we're on the subject. I'm not sure how long I could go without a thought and remain as pure awareness. I never purposely tried. I usually end up coming out of a still mind because I'll allow the thought to surface "This is boring and I have things to do". Lol  But if I ignored that thought I would say I could remain without a full blown thought for quite some time. I should try it sometime. Still the mind through meditation and than see how long I can go without a thought and remain as awareness only.

*Have you ever noticed that when the mind is totally placid, you can sense when a thought is trying to come to the surface and head it off before it becomes a full blown thought.

2 hours ago, Dodoster said:

... you have no free will and the bodymind is like a machinebox for pleasure and pain that you are also allowing to be and mistakenly take yourself to be, so now you practise, trying to become what you already are. 

Be careful. The mind has no free will in itself. True. Just like the body in itself thus has no free will.

The mind can be more than just a machinebox for pleasure and pain, though.

It can be a 'box' for knowledge/wisdom. For Awareness to find itself.

A box of attaining higher and higher degree of Awareness (coming closer and closer with one's True Self (= can never be fully reached)).

Awareness in it's purest form (which is what you ultimately are, and which is that which you are trying to attain/become one again with (if you are spiritual in any sense)) naturally has pure, free will.

Can you ever become 100% one with your true self (Awareness) during a human life? Nah. But just to throw some random numbers out, one could say Leo is somewhere around 5% while most others on this forum are at like 0,5% , and the average population is around 0,001%. (im just joking around here fun here, but to illustrate a point).

Jesus or Buddah were maybe at 50ish%  (:DD)

Anyway. Permanent Enligtenment as something that just BOOM!-happens in an instant while meditating/doing drugs, -- now you are free -- is one big hoax/trap within true spirituality.

Enlightenment is a never-ending path. No discussion here.

Enlightenment is "basically" just about attaining more and more Awareness/True Knowledge/Wisdom of reality (= your true self)... which is the same as saying that it is about self-realization (because the more awareness you get, the more understanding you get get of the nature of Awareness (= your true self).

" trying to become what you already are. " ... Well, you are currently not Awareness. You are governed by Awareness (God). And ultimately, yes your true self is Awareness... but currently no human beings on Earth can claim to be Awareness during their life, and none will ever could claim to be so. None can claim to be God during a human life.

As long as you are governed by Awareness without understanding how it governs you, you will continue to have absolutely no free will at all, yes.

The more understanding you can get of how the govering of your true self (Awareness), the less "no free will" you attain (:D) .

What is the first rule one must learn of how Awareness works? The law of casuality. Every action/effect/happening has a cause/chain of causes.

By then applying this rule (= pure logic) while observing your mind carefully, one begins to attain awareness.

Suffering stems from desire 

Nah, I disagree.

Suffering stems from ignorance ... and ignorance only. Ignorance = not being aware of how casuality plays out, or even worse, maybe not even realizing that there is a law of cause and effect (every effect has a looooooooooooong (basically infinite) chain of causes, and our goal here is to a get a glimpse of this infinite chain.. yes then it will be a finite chain (not complete), but the longer the apprant "finite chain" is, the closer you are to being God, which you of course can never become fully).

So ignorance is the root to all suffering. It's true that from ignorance often (almost all the time) comes false desire. False in the sense that you won't be happy by eventually getting what you desire (only momentarily, this is the great game of the the ignorant-lived life :D).

What can only make you happy in the long-term is by attaining greater and greater understanding of the mentioned law (= higher, and higher degree of Awarenesss).

Another law that is good to know is the law of change. Nothing is permanent. But you can sort of derive this law from the other law by just observing reality.

When you really get that you are not in control and it's all god's will and all you do is be aware of God's will and surrender to it, you are going to live without suffering. 

It's true that the first step to attain true Awareness is by first acknowleding that one is indeed ignorant (=no free will=not in control of what has happened in the past=yes it's "God's"/Awareness' will that has happened).

How does one get past this step as quickly as possible? My ego wants to say that one should read The Book of Not Knowing by Peter Ralston. Many times maybe. Then one realizes that one knows nothing by reading and applying what's taught in that book. Great fucking book.

If one cannot first acknowledge that one knows nothing (like Aware in the science-forum currently can't acknowledge that he knows absolutely nothing about physics), then one will be forever stuck on the spiritual path to self-realization (of attaining true Awareness/knowledge).

The next step is then to trust that the Universe and Mind/Ego functions in according to the law of casuality (to trust logic basically, as in fucking pure, pure, pure logic). That is to say, all experience is based on the law of casuality. 

The third step might be then to all see that nothing is permenant. Change is law.

Fourth step? Now it's just an "easy" ride from here. Because one has now attained radical open-mindeness (by getting past step 1). One has attained knowledge of the law of reality functions. So now it's just to combine the two (--- I know nothing about this -- -> Let's observe without filter/ego --> And apply the law of casuality (logic) to what one sees).

And in a sense, yes, one is really enlightened now, but now the REAL enlightenment-game has just begun. 

So basically fourth step is now just to combine Law of Casuality with knowning of being ignorant, and then true wisdom will come (higher and higher degree of Awareness will slowly but steady be attained, yet one can never reach it fully, only partly ... one has just shifted game from "The Game of Ignorance (stuck in social loops)" (or "Power games" as Aware calls it) to "The Game of Knowing one is Ignorant" (=true self-realization game) :D:D:D 

Shifting from the I'm-not-Ignorant-Game to the I-Am-Ignorant-Game can be described with this parable:

You were born an eagle. But the eagle-egg was by God placed in a hen-nest.
You are then born and believe that you are a chicken/hen.. So because you believe that, your whole life you act like you are a fucking chicken/hen.

The first step to Enlightenment for the eagle-who-believes-he-is-a-hen would happen if the eagle one day questioned his own mind: "Am I really a hen..?" ... Next step the hen would then realize "hey, I don't know who I am" ... (there's difference in saying it without seriousness (Nah I don't know who I am) without meaning it really (one still thinks he's a body/mind)) and then with 100% seriousness saying "I truly don't know who I am fucking am, let's try to find out by using the law of casuality and self-observation).

The hen would then maybe one day find out that he can fly. Then he will be viewed as the Jesus Christ-hen by the other hens ("LOOK IT CAN FLY!"), and the hens themselves will then continue to believe that only that hen was truly a son of God (= an eagle), while they themselves are just "human bodies/souls" walking around xD  This is what is happening on this planet (Just believe and have faith in Christ, and you will come to heaven when you die, rofl-fucking-mao:D). While truly, all the other hens were also born from an eagle egg!! Most (99,99%) will just never realize it - SADLY! :< 

Now ... How come we as humans have the ability to even have knowledge of the the Law of Awareness (law of casuality) ??? 

No other animal has the ability to think in terms of logic (in terms of casuality)...

Now, most people use this ability to think in terms of logic on the outside, physical world. "Rationalism" ... They never thought about the possibility that logic could also be applied to the self-study of one self ... This is where the magic happens ;)  Then one might also realize, that the physical world is not really physical, but just a fun little creation of Awareness to distract itself from seeing itself.:D But science is still fun.

Awareness decided to create this big physical world (= apparant reality) just so it could get lost in it for the fun/love of it.

Getting lost is fun.

Realizing that you are lost = wisdom.

Awareness is playing a game of hide and seek, really. It pretends it's a physical thing, while that physical thing in fact is something the Awareness created it self (it just forgot that it did, lol). So in that sense .. all human beings are sons/creations of Awareness/God.

Eating the apple from the garden was like Awareness was running around in the garden (heaven/bliss/nothingness) like a child and just then decided to eat the apple. The apple is viewed as the apple os wisdom in the Bible... Well truth is, the apple was the apple of ignorance. xD

Eating the apple, Awareness instantly forgot that it was Awareness, and instead it became ignorant and begin to believe it's a physical thingxD 

Guys and girls and friends... Life is one big game without any meaning... We are all running around confused and pretending we know stuff... while in Truth that which we know of (the physical world) is just one big hoax created by the True Self to distract itself (LOL) from finding itself again (LOL).

But Awareness also decided to put some signs out there for itself.. Some signs that would lead its children (human beings) to MAYBE become aware of the fact that they are ignorant ... apparantly most people are not, though.

Socrates... what a fucking wise motherfucker.. I'm gonna read something of him instead of just pretending I know who he was based on quotes from goodread.com LOL

But let me repeat... Life is one big game without any meaning.. The physical world is one big distraction..

Why did Awareness create this game of hide-and-seek for itself to get lost in?

Well, flip the question around: Why the fuck wouldn't it? :D Existence is all about ENJOYMENT, LOVE and HAVING FUN. That's ALL it is fucking about lol... Quit your fucking silly boring 8-17 jobs (the fact that some people have some jobs shows just how fucking ignorant they are: they actually believe it is important whether or whether not they will have food enough to survive the next day... Hey, why so scared about death? Death my just be the fucking greatest blessing of all for all you ignorant motherfuckers:D 

So again, why the fuck wouldn't Awareness create a big infinite physical world to get lost in? Imagine you were Awareness? WHAT THE FUCK ELSE COULD YOU DO THAN CREATING SOMETHING FUN? :D How can you NOT-CREATE anything? LOL 

So let me throw in a 4th thing... existence is also all about CREATION... That's why are all fucking programmed to fall in "love" with the opposite sex so we can reproduce these physical bodies, LOL.

So CREATE SOMETHING my friends. Become artists. Write books about this fun life joke. Create music (FUCK I LOVE MUSIC LOL, as long as it doesn't have artifical vocals singing about the false life which I know is a joke), create paintings, create computer games. Fall unconsciously in love. Overdose on some fun drugs. Maybe die, so what? :D 

Yeah Computer games!! That is the best thing ever man...LOL .. Awareness already being lost as a human body-mind, a mind which is already COMPLETELY ignorant of Awareness, and that mind then proceeds to get lost inside a computer game (World of Warcraft for example) .. Now what the fuck do we have? We Super-Lost x2 .. YAY :D:D:D MORE FUN!! haha

Actually just for the lulz guys, I may have more respect for a big, fat virgin nerd who devoutes his whole life to live inside a fantasy game (world of warcraft) than a workalcoholic dude that spends his whole life working 9 hours a day in a job he hates.. HAHA, at least the nerd is having fucking FUN within the game... Having internet sex with female gnomes and stuff.. killing big bosses and getting some fancy gear. No work, just fun!! YAY

Guys, read my siganture. Alan Watts knew what's up. Combine Socrates, Watts, Buddah and Jesus into one big fat AI-robot, and maybe we have a physical thing that is actual 99,99% God.

Actually -- just buy observing the nature of awareness (that it apparantly has created this physical hoax-game to get lost) one must conclude that this is also what we human beings like to do: TO GET LOST.. And that's also what one can observe everyone are.. Everyone are fucking lost, like beyond help of ever not getting lost. The fact that I'm sitting here and rambling about how it's all a big meaningless game... that might be a glitch of some kind... Like Awareness forgot something when he created the game.. Or maybe it was just a sign I talked about, so Awareness had a "lifeline", if things got too crazy (=too much suffering/pain inside the physical non-existing world-game) (like it is now: DONALD TRUMP is the world's president, HAHA WHAT A BIG FAT COSMIC JOKE :DD) ... Guys, I think I am a pessimist in regards to human life... This game has gone too far, just look around the world.. I don't expect the human race to sustain itself for more than a few hundred years. xD (or maybe I do, maybe I will do something about it, I might decide to use my "ACTUAL FREE WILL" to CHANGE something... maybe... haven't decided yet guys (because I'm a fucking ignorant fool lol)..

So guys,, if you crave more money$$$$$$$$ invest all your money in virtual reality comapanies and live on the street for 5-10 years and become a billionaire in a few years :D:D:D 

Virtual Reality is gonna be huge man.. Lost humans not knowing they are lost then deciding for themselves to get lost inside a world inside a world , haha it is really funny man.

okay guys, this whole post has just been a stream of thought, it started as a serious reply to dodoster and then i can see it turned out to a lot of not-serious ramblings (don't take me too seriously please, I'm just having fun).

so in all seriousness... I've said that life is all about CREATION, FUN, LOVE, ENJOYMENT (FOR EVERYONE! NOT JUST FOR "ME" BECAUE TRULY I AM YOU). ... now the question is, how do one become content 24/7 ? how is one never NOT-filled with love/humour/happiness/desire to create/help ... and why is there deeply within all a feeling of joy when seeing joy/happiness in those close to us? To the second question, it's because Awareness inside know that It Is All. So when I see my mother being happy when she seems me and hugs me, the Awareness within me knows that that equals me being happy. When I see a picture in the TV of a sick, underfed African baby in pain, I feel pain, because Awareness knows it is the fucking baby just as much as it is the current bodymind that tries to trick it into believing Awarenss is that (lol).

To the first question (to the how is one never NOT filled).. the answer begins where this comment starts... getting rid of TRUE Ignorance by acknowleding one is really ignorant (= false ignorance/true wisdom) , and then building from there.

“Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.”

“To find yourself, think for yourself.” 

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” 

“I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only make them think”

“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.” 

“The unexamined life is not worth living.” (so fucking true lol)

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.”  !!!!!! :D  :D  The Book of not Knowing guys by Peter Ralston. Read it and then leave this forum and start living your life fully.

hehe. (im lost guys, but im having fun while being lost).

But basically life is all about understanding, communication, being in service for others (=Self), and then also having a lot of fun, creating more meaningless stuff (like this random post), loving and enjoying, and maybe reproducing some more bodies, which because you believe you are wise, you can then program a new body to be just as wise as you, which feels nice for the little awareness stuck in bodymind. ;D

But Real Love, Real Creation, Real Fun (xD) can only happen when one first has began the journey of self-realization which starts by realizing one has been an ignorant fool all live (remember to also love yourself though)...

So to sum it up.. Awareness/God has created this physical game for itself to get lost in only because of love (throw in some curiousity, infinity, infinite matrixes/games/realities, why-not-feeling, fun, too maybe also). Love (positive feelings) is the only feeling with any logical value, any other feeling (hatred, fear etc) have no logic behind them, if you become truly aware.

Meaning of life is polarized:

For some "incarnations of Awareness" it is to get as lost as possible and never realize one is lost (most of humanity).

For other "incarnations of Awareness" it it so get as not-lost-as-possible by first acknowleding one is infinitely lost.

One could say both are equally valid.

Yet, one could also say that because love is the only logical feeling in the universe, then the meaning of life should be to get all beings to only feel love... and therefore one could say that true spirituality is a more meaningful game than the other games.

And for most actually it is a constant mix of these two I guess, but very screwed towards the first, at least in regards to finding one's true self.

Why is it so? Only God (True Complete Awareness) knows:p 

For both of these ultimate polarized games, there are smaller games of: power, attachments to the physical world, detachments, understanding (most important one, as long as it is purely based on first realziing one's own ignorance + law of casuality + law of change = True Understanding/attainment of awareness), service, communication, having fun, creating random meaningless stuff, enjoying what life has to offer and becoming unconsciously deeply attached to such things (drugs, food, sex, money, sleep, playing computer games, watching tv, reading, whatever man).

Sooooooooo

“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.” 

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@WaveInTheOcean I'm halfway through reading your comment, and will continue it later, but just need to ask about law of casuality - do you mean law of causality or is this law of casuality something I am not aware of yet? It's probably a typo.

Forgive me, but your post is a big wave in the ocean to read all at once :D

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Oh yes Dodoster, it's because I suck at spelling Enligish words lol.. of course I mean causality :D 

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

11 hours ago, Acharya said:

being clearly observant of whatever you are experiencing.

A noticing can happen spontaneously, from identity a thought "I" comes "am aware of these moments" that is to be your recognition, an:

11 hours ago, Acharya said:

observation so to speak in an uninterrupted span of time.

To be short ego is awareness, so no matter how deliberate your practice towards a noticed span of observation may be, you have never not once been fully aware, so maybe you seek a recognition of that, because to know it intellectually doesn't bring you closer to it experientially

Try to distinguish your concept of awareness, so for example to be observant of your experience is to be observant. Observation is itself the appearance of observing, that is awareness, to be distracted is to be distracted, that is awareness, to be still is to be still, that is awareness, to be confused is to be confused, that is awareness, to recognise is to recognise, that is awareness..

Edited by key