Yoremo

feeling that the breath gets forced

5 posts in this topic

Hi! 

So I have been mostly doing breathing meditation for the last 6 months or so, other kinds of meditations like observing thoughts just makes me want to punch a wall so I´ll stick to the rbeathing meditation in the meantime. But my question is that I feel that I start to manipulate the breath during the meditation and it gets forced and sometimes it feels hard to breathe and it feels out of sync and forced. I know I am just supposed to observe the breath but this happens without me trying to so should I do something about it?

Try alternatively listening to a sound, a fan in the room, etc. Also try to get in the habit of taking deep breaths during the day, just take a really deep breath every now and then when you remember. You'll start to crave it, and do it automatically just because it feels good. You start to tap into the pleasure and relaxation of taking a deep breath and breathing. It will transfer over the meditation, and you'll have all day benefits. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

There’s nothing wrong with manipulating the breath. Intentionally taking long, easy breaths has been quite beneficial for me. 

True Love + Buddhist/Hindu/Taoist/Christian/Bipolar Enlightenment > Anal drug addiction 

Focus on the speed of the breath and especially on the endings. And very steady. It can get like “*air movement* BOOM.. *air movement* BOOM” and it can draw you into samadhi.

Ok, so maybe nothing wrong with this? Then only thing I know is that either way it feels really good, my body feels warm and nice and I feel calm and I lose feeling in my body incrementally. Even random thoughts doesn´t feel that bad during the meditation