WaveInTheOcean

Is Reality A Simulation? Psychedelics Are Anything But Predictable. Proceed With Caution!

6 posts in this topic

Now, this post could go both in the science/philosophy or in here... I choose in here.

In the video below the guy from psychedsubstance tells about one of his experiences with LSD, where he says during the trip he saw what appeared to him to be "the inner workings of reality" , which included beings/aliens who were surprised to see him getting access to such a 'plane'/to see them.

It's just "experiences from a trip" sure.. but it is very interesting to ponder about, and also shows how much respect one should have for psychedelics.

Now Adam, from PsychedSubstance is actually a pretty wise guy, and his channel is mainly for harm reduction (+ some fun stories from his past where he were not wise! hehe) ... so don't judgde him before you have watched the video.  Precisely because he is pretty wise, he could handle such an experience, and not go crazy.

Imagine if such an experience were to happen to a 17-year old with no spiritual-work at all... That could easily turn the dude insane I think.

But anyway here the video is:

I'll also post my youtube comment i made to the video (see the video before you read that which is below):

Haha, sick stuff Adam. Fuck man - lol. But when you die, you will not miss anything -- because the one who thinks it will be missing will vanish to nothingness. :>

But sick experience. I can't help but relate it to Westworld ... (Great TV-series, watch it if u haven't) .

Maybe you were laughing because the aliens told you that you really are one of them as well, but that you are just currently doing a simulation of a human life. And the LSD/MDMA-combo made it possible for you to momentarily snap out of the simulation :D and the aliens were your "real" friends and they thought it was funny you were seeing them, while you were supposed not to! hehe Maybe this life we're living now is just one GIANT psychdelic trip/simulation in itself, and when we really physically die, it's just the end of the trip/simulation and we wake up as an "alien" with all our alien-friends looking down on you and asking you with excitement: "HOW WAS IT MATE?" , and you're like "WOW SHIT WTF LOL HAHA" and you burst out in laughter, and you ask who's turn it is now:D And in that "real reality" there has only passed like an hour or so, but it felt like 70 years during the human simulation. haha, crazy stuff to think about.

Anyway, who knows?!:D

And... I myself have gotten the same feeling multiple times during my last LSD-trips..: that reality is a simulation, and that there might be conscious beings behind it. Very scary. Sort of like after I snapped out of the experience, "I had to look out the window to check I still was on earth"-feeling ... And I also have the sense that I *MAYBE* might have killed myself on many of my LSD-trips, but the reason I'm still here right now is just because there are infinite simultations of me, and this is one where I for some reason decided to stay alive.. (yes I've had some horrific nightmarish very bad trips).

Anyway, what do you guys think?:D

Try listen to this great piece of music with voice-over from Alan Watts after you've thought about it for a while:

Lets suppose that you were able every night to dream any dream you wanted to dream,
and you would naturally as you began on this adventure of dreams, you would fulfill all your wishes.

You would have every kind of pleasure, you see,
and after several nights you would say, "well that was pretty great."
But now lets have a surprise, lets have a dream which isn’t under control.
Well something is going to happen to me that i don’t know what it’s gonna be.
Then you would get more and more adventurous, and you would make further and further out gambles as to what you would dream, and finally you would dream where you are now.

If you awaken from this illusion,
and you understand that black implies white,
self implies other,
life implies death.
You can feel yourself, not as a stranger in the world,
not as something here on probation, not as something that has arrived here by fluke, but you can begin to feel your own existence as absolutely fundamental.

What you are basically, deep, deep down, far, far in, is simply the fabric and structure of existence itself.

- Alan Watts

A sligthly different (imo better) version is here: 

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Only seems scary because of the unknown.

Check out the book My Big Toe by Thomas Campbell for more info about whether reality is simulated or not. 

8 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

I'm still here right now is just because there are infinite simultations of me, and this is one where I for some reason decided to stay alive..

Maybe it is not that you are stuck in 'one simulation' 

maybe you are navigating through the infinite permutations and constantly re-shifting and re-choosing? 

Reality is what you make it my friend :)

B R E A T H E

sure but then you have to ask the question, who made the aliens/ how were they born? And also a simulation is a man made apparatus, produced in line with this world's set of rules, and laws of physics.

The cool thing about my spiritual experiences, especially the deep ones, is that its almost as if you can't ask any more questions. You can't ask god, what is he made of? Where did he come from? Because he is infinite. It stops. 

3 hours ago, electroBeam said:

sure but then you have to ask the question, who made the aliens/ how were they born? 

Well, obv they were just created out of consciousness/Awareness. So you as your true you created the aliens. Adam's mind created them obv..
But I mean that experience is just as valid as the one I'm having now, believing im typing on a physical computer.:p 

So yeah you are right, it doesn't matter if it is a simulation or not. why? because no matter what it is an infinite simulation ran by God/Awareness itself.

Difference between Awareness and Consciousness?

hmm.

Awareness is pure. The absolute.

Consciousness is what happens when Awareness tricks itself into the hide-and-seek game of life. 

Higher consciousness = getting more and more awareness.