bmcnicho

Why Did I Fall Asleep in the Middle of the Day while on Mushrooms?

11 posts in this topic

I took 5 grams of mushrooms at 10:30 in the morning.  I had slept well the night before.  It started off as a really good trip that I still remember well.  I was awake for at least an hour.  Last thing I remember was I was in kind of a manic state and wanted to see how jogging would feel.  I wasn’t feeling tired at all, but my sitter said I immediately laid down and fell asleep

I woke up about 3 hours later in kind of a dissociated fugue state.  I had an experience I would describe as “coming into existence”.  It felt timeless, I had no past and no motivations.  I eventually remembered the year, month, day of the week, and the fact I had taken a drug.  I came to know that I had a past, vaguely sensed what it was, but felt that it was unimportant.  On the walk home my identity gradually came back to me, but I was saying things without feeling like it was me that was saying them

This experience was valuable in its own way, but I feel like I would’ve had an ego death if I had stayed awake.  Has anyone else fallen asleep like this?  I thought on 5 grams you could still stay awake and remember it.  I’m wondering if it was the high dose that caused me to fall asleep.  Do you think I would stay awake if I took slightly less?  My previous trip was 3.5 grams and was fairly mild for that dosage, which is why I wanted to try a full 5 for stronger effects.

Edited by bmcnicho

I have "fallen asleep" on high level mushrooms (6g+). You did have an ego death, and such a strong one that "you" went completely offline. Say thanks to the mushroom and eat some again in a couple weeks.

@halfknots You think I wasn’t actually asleep?  That’s possible, but there was a solid 3 hours that I have no memory of.  I guess I remember having no ego and my ego coming back, but I don’t remember an experience of losing or transcending it

Tryptamines, mushrooms especially, do have a sedative quality. You can let the experience be what it is, no seeking or questioning required, and continue to explore.

@halfknots Ah ok, that makes sense.  I didn’t know mushrooms were a sedative, because in my 3.5 gram trip I was manic for 5 hours.  I appreciate my experience for what it was though, I just feel like I missed out on potentially the best part.  I’ll try 4 grams next time to see if I can remember it better

Edited by bmcnicho

I’ve passed out before as well (fell asleep)

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

6 minutes ago, bmcnicho said:

@Thought Art Was it on a high dose that you passed out?  Do you think lower doses are a way to avoid this?

Did you consumed dried shrooms? I ate 10 gr dried with 1 fresh lemon and %100 dark chocolate. Trip last almost 20 hours. I dont think it is because you have had high dosage. How many shroom trips have you done before and what were the dosages?

Ahaha, I simply meant I got tired and fell asleep. It was a low dose. I don’t think it was bad. Mushrooms can be weird. This was an extremely body heavy trip.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

@Khan 0 I’ve done 3 trips, 1 gram, 3.5 grams and 5 grams.  They were dried all three times

24 minutes ago, bmcnicho said:

@Khan 0 I’ve done 3 trips, 1 gram, 3.5 grams and 5 grams.  They were dried all three times

Do with fresh lemon and dark chocolate. It might Stay you awake. Stay in darkness and silence in your room. Don’t go out.