Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

Being more conscious of our thoughts/emotions

7 posts in this topic

Beside meditation, what are the best way to increase my consciousness of what I'm feeling/thinking naturally ?

awareness is multi layered and it is highly context specific. It is a broad term. The most efficient way to increase awareness in relevant ways would be to talk to someone who understands the mechanisms of feeling and can think systematically about them so you can make meaningful conclucions. And for this person to guide you through understanding your own being. Our intelligence and minds ability to comprehend in meaningful and expansive ways is limited when we are still contracted. If you can work with someone who deeply understands you, and has the tools, they can guide you and help you become conscious and expand in ways that you desire. Because we are all so uniquely complex, a general answer probably won't add much meaning. The why and what behind the question is more important.

Why do you want to become conscious over your thoughts and feelings? Is there a goal and desire that precedes this intention? 

@Gabith body awareness, feeling into where the source of emotions is. 

Feeling into the heart center, this is most powerful. 

Noticing that emotions are inseparable from reality, therefore they play a part in the jigsaw puzzle that is the present moment. 

Why do you want to be more conscious of your thoughts and feelings? Seems backward to me. I used to meditate to get away from wallowing in my thoughts and feelings, but now I find physical activities like walking or bicycling work even better.

@Space Lizard Because I'm really starting to realize how much I am unconscious and fooling myself to believe that I was conscious. 

Now that I begin to see my patterns of thoughts / stories I want to replace them by positive ones or simply let go them

Yeah, letting them go sounds good. Ever read Gurdjieff? His whole message was that people are asleep and need to wake up, and the way he taught that was to have people do difficult physical activities, like complicated dances, to get them out of their monkey minds and into their bodies. Osho borrowed some of Gurdjieff's ideas for his "active meditation". I would suggest getting into your body, not just sitting in your head with your thoughts.