Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PepperBlossoms

Big Tech Censorship and Deciding what is Truth

3 posts in this topic

Big tech is censoring stuff.  Big tech is deciding what we can and cannot see on their platforms.  They decide what is considered real and what is considered fake news, (or what they don't want us to see/know).  This is a problem because, who is to say what is true and what is not true?  

When the "news" media is owned by billionaires, they can determine what narrative the media says or else the media loses its funding.  They want to have access to our information with the cookies, tracking systems, cameras, etc. but yet we can't have access to their information? 

How convenient for when the narrative goes against one's profits, one labels stuff as conspiracy theory and then makes it harder for people to find the information by modifying the algorithm.  

You can't necessarily look to social media or the news for your information anymore.  I am finding that you have to look around at books instead (when people get silenced, they find other platforms). 

Don't take my word on it - look into the books yourself.  There are lots of books on the topic.  I have read the Google Leaks book and just copy-pasted some others that showed up on amazon as well.

Google Leaks: A Whistleblower's Exposé of Big Tech Censorship https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091BBGMMD/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1 

Behind the Mask of Facebook: A Whistleblower's Shocking Story of Big Tech Bias and Censorship https://www.amazon.com/Behind-Mask-Facebook-Whistleblowers-Censorship-ebook/dp/B08X6V3836/ref=sr_1_1?crid=271Z85AQTXGAO&keywords=behind+the+mask+of+facebook&qid=1641230959&s=digital-text&sprefix=behind+the+mask+of+facebook%2Cdigital-text%2C110&sr=1-1

Case Against the New Censorship: Protecting Free Speech from Big Tech, Progressives, and Universities https://www.amazon.com/Case-Against-New-Censorship-Progressives-ebook/dp/B08XQXTRN5/ref=sr_1_3?crid=23Y1SNO4981BI&keywords=censorship&qid=1641230983&s=digital-text&sprefix=censorshi%2Cdigital-text%2C128&sr=1-3

Who is to say what it truth and what is not?

Of course a place like North Korea would punish anyone who spoke out against the common idea, why the desire to do the same?  Aren't we interested in exploring truth?  Censoring info really just prevents that.

If anything, look to the side that is against the status quo and anti-collective and you may find a wealth of ideas that you had never seen before.

(This is a tricky topic as I can see that we don't want to harass or trick people).

Edited by PepperBlossoms

Society has always controlled speech. And it always will. Because the shit you say can destroy society. Welcome to society.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Society has always controlled speech. And it always will. Because the shit you say can destroy society. Welcome to society.

I agree with that. However, aren't a lot of Americans going to end up getting furious about this issue to the point waging some kind of violent culture war over their "civil liberties" and "freedom of speech" being taken away?