ChiLongQua

People overestimate public figures

6 posts in this topic

yes sometimes they do have good things to share but in general people are blinded by the public figure status that clouds their vision of the quality that is presented to them

some random dude might have some valuabl.e insight as well, it's just that you don't give shit about some random dude, let's be honest.

ask yourself, would i still listen to what this public figure has to say if he or she was a random bum telling me that on the street.

that is how you find out how much you are actually into the information and how much is social gameplay luring you into it.

Edited by ChiLongQua
awdawd

Social games have actually cost a huge amount of human potential.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

You don't really understand this thread. Qualification is the illusion i am talking about.

Yeah it's quite interesting here in Germany as well... 

I think the reason is that people don't see "true character", unless they have developed character themselves. So people like Karl Lauterbach, Christian Drosten are seen as "qualified" by a lot of people, because they have no clue about the things these people talk about. 

Sovereignty is the thing we need, yet people deeply fear making sense of the world, because they don't want to see the world.

I'm not from America, yet when I look at America it's so crazy.

Joe Biden as president? Trump before that? People like that getting voted for president in the "greatest country in the world"... But at least it teached me not to be surprised about anything stupid anymore. The world's a crazy place :D

Edited by BadHippie

It's a statistical question. Public figures tend to have more expertise than the average person.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 12/29/2021 at 10:31 AM, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Public figure tends to be more qualified than a random dude. That's why random dude is a random dude in the first place, cause he often has nothing to offer. Ofc, there are stupid public figures too, there are exceptions.

6 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's a statistical question. Public figures tend to have more expertise than the average person.

Maybe, but it has been my experience that most public figure heads have access to experts that are not in the lime light.  Take Elon Musk as an example, yes, he is very intelligent in developing and organizing companies that produce electric vehicles and the space programs, but he could never have done it by himself.  He relied on thousands of experts behind the scenes that will never be recognized by the general public, but they were the ones that provided him with the expertise and they were the ones that did most of the mental and physical labour to make it happen.  

My personal belief is that most public figure heads are truly gifted in manipulating the media and people that have influence and resources.  They have charisma, they take greater risks, they can hypnotize people with there words and body language to accomplish their desires and needs! 

It doesn’t matter in what profession, or field of creativity these public figures excel in, these people usually are high functioning extraverts and have some tendencies of narcissism.  If you look behind the curtain you will usually find a person that is struggling with there Ego identification just like everyone else, and sometimes even more.

Having said that, I know a lot of people that are exceptionally intelligent and have an unbelievable wealth of knowledge and expertise in many fields of creativity.  They just don’t feel the need to be in the lime light or want or need to stroke their EGO for attention.  

IMO….

Just sharing a few thoughts, ideas, and beliefs!