Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
How to be wise

What’s the point of avoiding seafood?

6 posts in this topic

Seafood and organ meat, alongside most powders have high levels of heavy metals. But if we can get rid of these heavy metals with chelation, why avoid these foods? All we need to do is take a urine test every six months, and when the levels of heavy metals reaches a sufficiently high level, we use chelation until they are back to zero. Surely this is a much more efficient strategy than just cutting out so many nutrient-dense foods permanently.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Sounds good and reasonable to me. The issue is probably that the medical literature isn't measuring levels in a way that is sensitive enough to be as pragmatic as possible. So the levels of heavy metals that they are talking about as being "too much" is actually "way too much" and the levels that should be "too much" are considered by them to be "okay". You might want to set your own standard. For example, I want my testosterone to be over 600. But I was told that 380 was "okay". Not in my belief. I got those numbers right up as I was supposed to. So lets' say the doctor says 666 is the upper limit of heavy metals. But you say 33 is the upper limit. Okay. So then monitor THOSE levels. 

On 26/12/2021 at 2:31 PM, How to be wise said:

But if we can get rid of these heavy metals with chelation, why avoid these foods?

That's a very black & white thinking about the body. I don't think it is as simple as that. Chelation is an aggressive therapeutic process and should not be used so sparingly. Just because you can does not mean you should. Some of those metals could become part of your bone mass and later on should you end up with osteoporosis you'll also get dementia from all that lead leaving the body. Chelation drugs do not remove all heavy metals and we literally have no long term safety data on chelation drugs. How do you know that using DMSA 20 years in row doesn't cause permanent liver damage. Nobody knows. 

You don't need to eliminate 100% of seafood just consume it wisely. 

12 minutes ago, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Some heavy metals may cause pernament damage to your body/internal organs.

^

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@How to be wise

On 12/26/2021 at 2:31 PM, How to be wise said:

Seafood and organ meat, alongside most powders have high levels of heavy metals. But if we can get rid of these heavy metals with chelation, why avoid these foods? All we need to do is take a urine test every six months, and when the levels of heavy metals reaches a sufficiently high level, we use chelation until they are back to zero. Surely this is a much more efficient strategy than just cutting out so many nutrient-dense foods permanently.

It's up to you and how you manage those foods, not Leo's. There are various reasons why some foods are better to avoid, and some better to keep in your diet, but a definite position I have on this, is that it's nobody's right to infringe on your choice of food to eat and not to eat, it's your right to eat seafood if you eat seafood responsibly and love to.

16 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

consume small fish, they have the least amount of mercury, like sardines.

but if you buy them in cans there is probably another issue