Someone here

3 questions

8 posts in this topic

1. Tuna was my best friend Growing up... Is it healthy?  I'm hearing all these things about mercury and heavy metals and I'm worried. Should I stop eating tuna. 

2.Can you eat one meal a day if you are trying to gain weight?

3.i go to the toilet to take a shit very often these days. What could be the reason?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here 1. Bluefin tuna is bad because of high levels of PCB’s. Replace it with Pacific albacore tuna. Also, make sure the can doesn’t contain oil, as this sucks out omega 3 from the tuna. It does indeed contain Mercury, so you must decide whether you want it or not. 

2. You must eat at least four times per day. You must get your nutrients otherwise there will be health consequences. 

3. It is healthy.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

You can but you will have to stuff yourself like a Thanksgiving turkey with each meal.  Why not just do 3 regular meals. Fasting induces a catabolic state. Gaining induces anabolic state. It is like building up a house and then breaking it down each evening. 

Tuna was my best friend Growing up... Is it healthy?  I'm hearing all these things about mercury and heavy metals and I'm worried. Should I stop eating tuna. 

There are better and worse ones. Eating half a can tuna once a week is fine. Eating tuna every day is probably stretching it too far. If you want to remain with fish, switch to mackerel or cod. 

go to the toilet to take a shit very often these days. What could be the reason?

It is normal, even desirable to poo at least 3 times a day, your risk of colorectal cancer goes down if you poo at least twice a day. If you eat high fibre diet, that is completely normal and healthy as long as the poo is not a chocolate pudding but has a solid consistency. Unless it is more like diarrhoea or explosive. In such case you may wanna investigate it further. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

1. Tuna was my best friend Growing up... Is it healthy?  I'm hearing all these things about mercury and heavy metals and I'm worried. Should I stop eating tuna. 

3.i go to the toilet to take a shit very often these days. What could be the reason?

I'm no health expert. 

1. No problem with fish in India. Less toxins and heavy metals here compared to America. American water is full of chemicals. 

2. If you are trying to gain weight the fastest way is to eat chicken if eating chicken is not a problem for you. 

There is no healthy way to gain weight.

Anything healthy gets processed easily and actually causes weight loss. 

So you have to eat fatty and sugary. Eat more meat and stuff your body with carbohydrates. 

3. There is a problem with that. Are you consuming acidic, gas inducing or too much veggies. Do you drink too much milk or eat too much fruit. Are you drinking too much tea or coffee. If you are eating too much liquid or too many fruits or vegetables, it can cause mild diarrhea like symptoms. Also if you eat few meals, the body produces acid that is left unused and is the cause behind loose motions or diarrhea. 

Cut that out of your diet. 

Eat meals three times a day - morning breakfast, then lunch and dinner at night. 

Eat normal meals that everyone eats unless your doctor has suggested something. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

11 hours ago, Preety_India said:

No problem with fish in India. Less toxins and heavy metals here compared to America. American water is full of chemicals. 

Most health books I read gave the exact opposite advice. They strictly said to never get food imported from Asia, as they have very poor hygiene regulations. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 minute ago, How to be wise said:

Most health books I read gave the exact opposite advice. They strictly said to never get food imported from Asia, as they have very poor hygiene regulations. 

Experience is the best teacher, not books. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Thank you guys for the answers 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

5 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Experience is the best teacher, not books. 

Go to 16:55