Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terell Kirby

Tips on embodiment

12 posts in this topic

For those of you have awakened to yourself as God, how do you deal with frustration that comes with the difficulty of embodiment?

Of course it’s one thing to realize that your are formless, but it’s another thing to act from this state. Fear and self deception that is associated with form-identity still remains; I can appreciate how strong it is..but I know it’s only there for my ego’s protection and survival.

Im sure with practice and time, I will get better at integrating, but any feedback (from this imaginary forum :D) would be appreciated.

I'd say by seeing that there's no actual need to embody anything. 

Embodiment implies that you're supposed to act like whatever you assume an awakened person acts like. 

See the divinity in being who you are right now, not how you think you should be. 

Becoming more grounded in the hara or belly center is usually a key ingredient for embodiment. There's some good excerpts about the belly center and embodiment on these two glossary pages.

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/embodiment

https://www.diamondapproach.org/glossary/refinery_phrases/belly-center

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

9 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

Integrating peak experiences is different in that the realisation will actually fade and the mind will be left trying to "make something of it".

Hmm yes. Integration, for me, is the process of embodiment. We can’t deny that becoming introduced to a radical way of seeing reality comes with urge of wanting to see it 24/7, without it being disrupted by self-deception and the mind tricks of the ego.

4 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

Embodiment implies that you're supposed to act like whatever you assume an awakened person acts like. 

Not true, this is an assumption on your part. Embodiment, for me at least, correlates to how prone you are to self deception and living a life of falsehood. It takes conscious effort to prevent this .. which is what I am referring to here.

When direct experience is inspected all narratives are dispelled. Otherwise it is just preference.

Some would rather conceptualize (fear, deception, embodiment, states, form-identity, ego’s protection & survival, getting better at integrating, imaginary stuff, falsehood, conscious effort, prevention, etc).

Some prefer to meditate each morning and express frustration, and then pessimism, boredom, and contentment.

It could be said there is some truth in the former taking between years and a lifetime, and the latter taking a few minutes until there is no longer even a need to do so. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Not true, this is an assumption on your part. Embodiment, for me at least, correlates to how prone you are to self deception and living a life of falsehood. It takes conscious effort to prevent this .. which is what I am referring to here.

@Terell Kirby I trust you'll be ready whenever you decide to be ?. 

Just enjoy the show, the process. 

@Nahm seems as though you are an advocate of shutting off the mind, the typical Neo-Advaita approach.

But alas, what you call conceptualization is just as divine as cessation (ie. Shutting off). Truth be told, the process of embodiment through conscious effort seems as though it takes more courage than cessation.

Reality is a monster of concepts that can be conquered, if one wishes to take the road less traveled in this work. I tend to do so.

27 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

seems as though you are an advocate of shutting off the mind, the typical Neo-Advaita approach.

As it wasn’t said, yet seems so, it is a conceptualization of what was said. There isn’t per se a mind which can be shut off, that is also a concept.
(When direct experience is inspected all narratives are dispelled.)

But alas, what you call conceptualization is just as divine as cessation (ie. Shutting off). Truth be told, the process of embodiment through conscious effort seems as though it takes more courage than cessation.

Embodiment, conscious effort, and courage… upon cessation… are ‘reality seen as it is’, conceptualizations. That someone could embody concepts, or that somebody is against concepts, would be more conceptualization. 

Reality is a monster of concepts that can be conquered, if one wishes to take the road less traveled in this work. I tend to do so

Godspeed. ?? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

There isn’t per se a mind which can be shut off, that is also a concept.

Reality is Mind.

In actuality, to deny that existence is the Mind of God is to live in a world of concept..even if it is spiritual concept. The devil is a master at taking the Truth, and displaying it as falsehood.

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Well let me kiss the fam goodbye before you ‘shut off the mind of God’. Gimmy like ten minutes. 

ahh now that’s the kind of language I want to hear !! You should use this kind of speech more often, much more down to earth and revealing :D.