Marioxs34

Experience vs reason

44 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Decartes was fundamentally wrong. It should not be: "I think, therefore I am."

Instead what's true is: "I experience, therefore I am."

Thoughts are just an experience like everything else.

"I experience, therefor I am."  even this language carries with it some implications of an 'I' which exists separate from 'experience', as if 'the contents of experience are evidence of an experiencer who experiences those contents'.   This duality can be collapsed, such that there is no difference between the two. Experience is evidence of itself. 

"I have no other self than the totality of [experience]" - Alan Watts.  

"I am. Ohhhhhh.. I AM!" - Leo Gura  <---- This is an example absolute knowledge.

I am big. I am old. I am human. I am experiencing. I am having an experience. <---- These are examples of relative belief. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

19 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

"I experience, therefor I am."  even this language carries with it some implications of an 'I' which exists separate from 'experience', as if 'the contents of experience are evidence of an experiencer who experiences those contents'.   This duality can be collapsed, such that there is no difference between the two. Experience is evidence of itself. 

"I have no other self than the totality of [experience]" - Alan Watts.  

"I am. Ohhhhhh.. I AM!" - Leo Gura  <---- This is an example absolute knowledge.

I am big. I am old. I am human. I am experiencing. I am having an experience. <---- These are examples of relative belief. 

Experiencing is not a belief. It is a fact.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

15 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:

Experiencing is not a belief. It is a fact.

There is the fact of experience, which can not be denied.  That there is an experiencer in addition to experience is belief. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

On 23.12.2021 at 1:09 PM, Mason Riggle said:

There is the fact of experience, which can not be denied.  That there is an experiencer in addition to experience is belief. 

Well, as long as you identify the experiencer as the experience, you don't have a problem

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/