• lunch (1pm)
    • salad with greens, chicory root and some fruit
    • 2 apples with 2 beet roots and apple cider vinegar
    • limited nuts and seeds
  • dinner (6pm)
    • black lentils with Brussels sprouts
    • a glass of coconut drink

What I noticed

• After the breakfast I felt very full. I like it more to have a empty stomach in the morning. So I will switch back to intermittent fasting.
  • I handled the break of eating between lunch and dinner without a snack because I was in school, meditated and drank tea.
  • I forgot my visualization about the eating habit in the morning.
  • I was very attempted to snack after dinner because I was still in the kitchen cleaning and later had to prepare fruit and vegetables for my sister. I almost gave in. Normally I would have made myself another plate with food.

What I will do tomorrow

• not eating breakfast again
  • eating one meal slower without distraction

Did I challenge myself too much? It was okay and just the occasion ofter dinner was challenging.

I noticed something while observing other people eat. They just put their food into the mouth, chew it a few seconds and then just swallow it. The taste of the beautiful food just stays in the mouth for a few seconds and can never get appreciated. After swallowing it one will never experience and taste the food again. So why do we eat so fast in our society? Why do we prepare tasty and good smelling meals when we just experience it for a few seconds? This makes so little sense - especially when I look at my father who just has the food in the mouth for about 5 seconds. I am probably not much different. But I want to slowly start eating slower and appreciate the food more.

And I changed the name of the first habit to "Eating only three meals and nothing in between." That is still perfectly fine.

17/01/14, Saturday

Eating only three meals and nothing in between - Streak 0
Having a reasonably empty stomach before eating the allowed snack - Streak 0

• lunch (1:30pm)
    • rice with vegetables (1 plate)
    • limited nuts and seeds
  • "dinner" (4:30pm)
    • green smoothie
      2 apples
      1 banana
      1 blood orange
      ginger
      kale
      coconut drink
    • big salad
      green lettuce
      2 small chicory roots
      a bit radicchio
      a big orange
      half a mango
  • snacks
    • walnuts (while cracking them)
    • cashews
    • dried fruit
      9 dates
      dried mango
      dried pineapple
      3 hands or raisins
    • many pickled cucumbers

What I noticed

• after the dinner I had cravings. So I made the first excuse of cracking walnuts, snacking a few of them and counting this as a part of dinner.
  • after I was finished with cracking walnuts I still wanted to eat. I knew that if I would snack more, I would break my streak of "Having a reasonably empty stomach before eating the allowed snack." I even did a mini meditation on that (in the kitchen). But I still made the excuse because I thought "I would have this craving for the rest of the evening and wouldn't be able to do anything productive."
  • I forgot the advice from the video "overcoming addiction." I was just running away from my inner demons. I should have sat there and let the fire of craving purify me.
  • I ate these snacks very quickly and just indulged them. Not worth it at all.
  • And later I was again in the kitchen, saw that there stood a glass of pickled cucumbers and I snacked a lot of them. Almost half a glass. I just throught "fuck it, the streak is already broken."
  • I still have the craving now. I would just love to make myself just a huge bowl of oat meal. AWRRWWAWARWARWAAA
  • I didn't eat any meal very slow and mindfully. I just didn't wanted to. I wanted to indulge.
  • I thought of being dishonest and not resetting the streak.

What I will do tomorrow

• eat my lunch slowly while watching Leo's new video. I will try to eat so slow that it will last for the whole video.
  • eat nothing after dinner

Did I challenge myself too much? It wasn't much more challenging than the last days. But I was somehow "not in the mood" to withstand the desire.

17/01/15, Sunday

Eating only three meals and nothing in between - Streak 1
Having a reasonably empty stomach before eating the allowed snack - Streak 1

• lunch (1:15pm)
    • little "energy" smoothie
      1 apple
      1 banana
      coconut drink
      ginger
      some powders (matcha, maca, green coffee)
    • huge fruit plate
      2.5 apples
      1 big pear
      1 big orange
      1 big persimmon
    • buckwheat porridge
      buckwheat sprouts (125g dry mass)
      2 bananas
      8 dates
      coconut drink
      2 tablespoons cacao powder
      2 teaspoons forest honey
    • limited nuts and seeds
  • snack (while waiting for dinner to be ready, to contemplate)
    • 4 grapes
      cucumber
      1 tomato
  • dinner (6:30pm)
    • stuff from the oven
      spaghetti pumpkin
      1 beet root
      a bit of olive oil
    • cooked root vegetables
      2 carrots
      2  parsnips
      tominambur
  • "taste neutralizer" - 1 apple

What I noticed

• Everyday after dinner I have this urge to eat something sweet to neutralize the taste of the dinner a little bit. I don't like it to have a taste from something not sweet in my mouth for too long. Everytime I used to eat some dried fruit like a hand full of raisins immediately after dinner to neutralize it. Now that I am "not allowed" to eat more snacks after dinner, this kind of became a problem because of this urge. To make it myself a little bit easier I will allow it myself to eat a "taste neutralizer" to neutralize the taste in my mouth. This can be a raw fruit like an apple, a few grapes, a pear or something along those lines.
  • I still ate the nuts and seeds at the end of my lunch although I was totally full. Why?
  • It was cool to contemplate while eating. "Does the tomato still exist, although I don't see it, just feel it inside my mouth?"
  • When I prepare food, I usually snack a lot of it. I might try to eat as little in the kitchen as I can, to not unconsciously overeat myself.
  • It was hard to eat so slow that the whole lunch lasted for the whole video (50min)
  • I firstly wanted to eat dinner without watching videos. As dinner was ready I had the urge to watch videos... I ended up watching vlogs...

What I will do tomorrow

• eat lunch for 5 minutes mindfully without distraction. Just 5 minutes

Did I challenge myself too much? It was doable. But still I desire to eat oat meal now.

17/01/16, Monday

Eating only three meals and nothing in between - Streak 2
Having a reasonably empty stomach before eating the allowed snack - Streak 2
Eating without distractions for 5 minutes - Streak 1

• breakfast
    • small "energy" smoothie
      1 banana
      2 apples
      flax seeds
      ginger
      some powders
  • lunch
    • salad
      1.5 chicory roots
      radicchio
      tomatoes
      cucumber
      1/2 avocado
    • fruit plate
      1 orange
      1 pear
      1 persimmon
    • 1 can of kidney beans and 1 can on chick peas
    • limited nuts and seeds
  • dinner
    • oat meal
      oats (150g)
      raisins (50g)
      1 banana
      2 apples
      1 mango
      2 teaspoons of forest honey
      cornflakes
  • taste neutralizer - 10 grapes

What I noticed

• I again wanted to try out eating a breakfast and what the stimulating powders (matcha, maca, green coffee) would do to me. I didn't really noticed anything, just that I felt pretty full. Intermittent fasting, again, feels much better in the morning.
  • it was kind of hard to eat for 5 minutes without distraction. Money mind was going around. I think I will add this to my habit list. And when I have reached a streak of 21, I will increase the time steadily.
  • I had this craving to eat cans of kidney beans and chick peas for a while now. Today I finally ate it. It was tasty, and I was really full afterwards.
  • I ate oat meal for dinner because my mother was away, I could make dinner for myself, I didn't wanted to stand long in the kitchen preparing food, and I had this craving too for a while now. Two cravings "neutralized" in one day.
  • I am really full now, but still want to eat more sweet or salty stuff. I need to get used to it.

What I will do tomorrow

• eating for 5 minutes without distraction
  • intermittent fasting
  • not eating the nuts and seeds after lunch. That makes no sense because then I am already full.

Did I challenge myself too much? No. In the breaks between eating I was mainly in school. And after the meals I was always pretty full. I now still want to eat but thats okay. I'll go meditating, then it will be no problem.

17/01/17, Tuesday

Eating only three meals and nothing in between - Streak 3
Having a reasonably empty stomach before eating the allowed snack - Streak 3
Eating without distractions for 5 minutes - Streak 2

• breakfast (7:30am)
    • buckwheat porridge
      buckwheat sprouts (125g dry mass)
      9 dates
      2 bananas
      tablespoon of forest honey
      tablespoon of cacao powder
      (very very sweet)
  • lunch (3pm)
    • salad
      1/2 Chinese cabbage
      1/2 avocado
      2 tomatoes
      cucumber
    • fruit plate
      1 orange
      1 pear
      2 apples
    • limited nuts and seeds
  • dinner (6pm)
    • soup (3 plates)
      potatoes
      carrots
      turnip
      spelt noodles
  • taste neutralizer - 1 apple

What I noticed

• I used to have the habit of meditating in the morning and then thinking just about whether I will eat breakfast or not and what I could eat for breakfast. That was in a phase where I wanted to make intermittent fasting a habit and ended up almost everytime eating breakfast. This happened this morning again.
  • I ate the breakfast without distraction in the living room while contemplating a little bit. "Who eats? Who experiences this delicious food? Where does it go?"
  • I ate lunch late because I was running after school. That was totally fine and good because the "eating-break" between lunch and dinner was not so long.

What will I do tomorrow

• eat breakfast, again mindfully

Did I challenge myself too much? No. As usual I still have the desire to eat, but it gets less.

17/01/18-19, Wednesday and Thursday

Eating without distractions for 5 minutes - Streak 0

I don't want to write down what I have eaten these two days. Way, way, way, way toooo much. You don't want to imagine how much. And I am back to zero on my streaks.

What I noticed

• I ate breakfast
  • I didn't have a need to eat after breakfast. I came home late at about 4pm and in the meantime didn't even think about food. But then at home... I just have this desire to eat when I am home.
  • I feel so bad. I feel like don't want to eat ever again
  • When I broke the streak my eating escalated.
  • Somehow I don't drink tea anymore

What I will do tomorrow

• Intermittent fasting! No matter what
  • Eating lunch mindful for at least 5 minutes

Did I challenge myself too much? I didn't challenge myself at all, I just ate and ate and ate until my stomach was so full that it became really uncomfortable.

42 minutes ago, quantum said:

Somehow I don't drink tea anymore

Try out just hot water, I find it amazing how good it tastes! (or simply tap water if you do not need to warm yourself up)

When it rains, it pours like hell.
-Insomnium

My blog: dragallur.wordpress.com

17/01/20, Friday

Eating without distractions for 5 minutes - Streak 0

• lunch (1pm)
    • green energy smoothie
    • salad
    • nuts and seeds
  • snack (5pm)
    • fruit plate
    • apple with beet root
    • oat meal
  • dinner (6pm)
    • potatoes with kale
  • nuts and dried fruit snack

I see how I am struggling with this eating habit a lot. I kind of got a few days of not breaking my streaks, but now it became regular to break my streaks. I can see how I make excuses to myself, a lot. And I see why.

I want to change too many habits at a time. And then I just fail. What did I say to myself at the beginning at the year? Right, only focusing on ONE habit at a time. ONE, not three. They are all about my eating habit, but really, they are three habits.

I will continue with only one eating habit: "Eating only three meals and nothing in between."

But I want to add another one from a different category. I know, I just said that I want to focus on one habit. But this one would be rather easy, because I do it regularly, but not consistently enough. it is about visualization. Visualization is so important, especially at this time for me. I have to make strategic, important decisions in the near future. Those decisions could influence my life in even 5 years. This is more important at the moment than any other habit. It is more important than meditation, working out, school or this eating stuff.

I will from now on visualize or program my subconscious mind for 30 minutes for the rest of my life. It could be a bit exaggerated to say that I will do it for the rest of my life. But that will be something effective. I will not make any excuse about this, at least until I am enlightened :D

I will now add the habit "Programming my Subconscious Mind (30min)" to my list. This will be the number one priority. I will not skip any days. And soon I will have reached the streak of 66 days.

This habit will include affirmations, visualizations, dreaming, thinking big... I am the creator of my life!

17/01/21, Saturday

Eating only three meals and nothing in between - Streak 1
Programming my Subconscious Mind (30min) - Streak 1

• 1 (1pm)
    • rice with tomato sauce and vegetables
    • rest of cooked kale from yesterday
  • 2 (5pm)
    • green smoothie
    • fruit plate
  • 3 (6pm)
    • huge salad
    • nuts and seeds and many raisins

What I noticed

• I feel reasonable full
  • I wouldn't have needed the third meal
  • I had an unconscious craving for dried fruit, was in the kitchen and therefore ate 3 hands full of raisins. But it still was part of the third meal
  • I have no cravings now
  • I noticed that I drink to little because there is not all the time a water source in my room like it used to. Today I only drank about 1.5 liters.
  • I spend a lot of time eating and preparing food throughout the day. Thats why I get less done in the afternoon that in the morning.

What I will do tomorrow

• Drinking more. I will again put a open water source into my room so that I will drink a lot while studying.
  • Intermittent fasting.
  • Eating nothing after dinner - no nuts or raisins...

Did I challenge myself too much? No. It was all okay.

On 1/19/2017 at 6:16 PM, quantum said:

I just ate and ate and ate until my stomach was so full that it became really uncomfortable.

I can totally relate to this.

17/01/22, Sunday

Eating only three meals and nothing in between - Streak 2
Programming my Subconscious Mind (30min) - Streak 2

• 1 (1pm)
    • fruit plate
    • buckwheat porridge
    • some nuts and seeds
  • 2 (5:30pm)
    • smaller green (rather brown) smoothie
    • some nuts and seeds
  • 3 (7pm)
    • rice with cauliflower and scrambled eggs
    • cucumber

What I noticed

• I didn't drink more, I forgot it like everybody else normally does
  • I had no hunger before the second meal but I ate it anyways because I had no greens yet
  • the eating stuff was no problem today
  • I just ate some cashews too much
  • The intermittent fasting felt very good. At about 11am I could hear for minutes some sounds coming from my gut. That was strange but I guess my body cleaned the gut or stomach

What I will do tomorrow

• drink 1 liter of water with apple cider vinegar and lemon juice in the morning and taking another liter with me to school
  • again eating nothing after dinner

Did I challenge myself too much? No. It was totally fine, especially because between the first and second meal I spent almost all the time in meditation.

I listened to the video about 100% commitment from the LPC. Leo talked about that he needs to make the 100% commitment towards a habit to make it stick, otherwise it will never happen. "99% is a bitch, 100% is a breeze." I guess this is exactly what I am struggling with. I hate 100% commitments. I guess I would greatly benefit from making this commitment. Not 90%, 80%, 95%, 99%, but 100%. I'll think about this for a while.

1 hour ago, quantum said:

I didn't drink more, I forgot it like everybody else normally does

Try to put some kind of reminder or habit-place to drink. For example I drink every single time I go from toillet or go to kitchen.. now it feels weird not to do it.

-Insomnium

22 hours ago, Dragallur said:

Try to put some kind of reminder or habit-place to drink. For example I drink every single time I go from toillet or go to kitchen.. now it feels weird not to do it.

it is no problem for me as long as there is an open water source in my near like an open bottle or a cup of water that I like (I hate our tap water). I used to drink all the time when I am studying and then have to go to the toilet every 30 minutes (that was a time in which I was dogmatic about high carb veganism and these people talk all the time about drinking so much that your pee is clear)

17/01/23, Monday

Eating only three meals and nothing in between - Streak 3
Programming my Subconscious Mind (30min) - not yet but in an hour

• salad
    • buckwheat porridge
    • fruit plate
    • nuts and seeds
    • beet root juice (0.5l) + soy milk
    • cucumber, carrot, grapes, raw sweet potato (2 plates)
    • potato + sweet potato + chick peas + buckwheat + soy

What I noticed

• I ate nothing after school!!
  • I snacked while cooking but thats fine
  • I was very full after lunch and that wasn't clever because of physical education class in the afternoon.
  • I think I didn't needed a meal after coming home from school because I was so full from lunch
  • I have no desire to eat now. Thats good!

What I will do tomorrow

• not eating after dinner
  • not eating directly after school but a bit later

Did I challenge myself too much? No. My mind just thought about skipping the visualization habit but I will do this after turning the computer down.

19 minutes ago, quantum said:

(I hate our tap water)

Do you buy packaged water then? That would be very inefficient.

-Insomnium

2 minutes ago, Dragallur said:

Do you buy packaged water then? That would be very inefficient.

I thought the same and still do. So for a while I just drank our tap water. But after months I got so disgusted by the taste of that water. In other regions its okay but not here. If I drink too much of it I get an urge to gag. So I started to drink packaged water again which contain many minerals. It is not the optimal solution but it works for now. Optimal would be getting water from a spring but I don't know about such an opportunity in my near.

17/01/24, Tuesday

Eating only three meals and nothing in between - Streak 4
Programming my Subconscious Mind (30min) - Streak 4

• big green energy smoothie
    • oat meal with orange
    • tiny rest from yesterdays dinner
    • the other rest from yesterdays dinner
    • fruit plate
    • nuts, seeds, raisins, cranberries

I am not in a mood to write much more here. it was fine.

17/01/25, Wednesday

Eating only three meals and nothing in between - Streak 5
Programming my Subconscious Mind (30min) - Streak 5

• 1 (1pm)
    • energy smoothie
    • salad
    • nuts and seeds and excessive raisins
  • 2 (6pm)
    • fruit plate
    • excessive raisins and cashews and Brazil nuts
  • 3 (7pm)
    • potatoes with Chinese cabbage

What I noticed

• I trick myself a bit. When I go into the kitchen (rather out of boredom or I find an excuse to go to the kitchen) I think "it has only been a few minutes after I have had the meal. I can snack something and can still count this as a part of the meal and not as snacking." So I ate a lot of raisins, cashews and Brazil nuts after first and second meal. After the third meal I have noticed that.
  • Yesterday and today in meditation I excessively thought about whether I should eat breakfast or not. Yesterday I said to myself to be able to continue meditation without those thoughts in my mind "if the number of the minutes on the clock is even I will do intermittent fasting, if the number is uneven I will eat breakfast." The number was uneven... Today it wasn't as bad and asked my intuition after the meditation. The intuition said that eating would waste a lot of time of my morning. It was a good decision.
  • I didn't eat directly after school because I had an assignment to finish with the deadline at 6pm. I could have stayed without the second meal because my mother already prepared dinner.
  •  

What I will do tomorrow

• I will eat no raisins and only 5 cashews and 2 Brazil nuts. Anything more than that I will count as snacking, which would break my streak.
  • I will say to myself consciously when I have finished the meal to prevent myself from tricking myself into snacking.
  • again intermittent fasting

Did I challenge myself too much? No. Not eating so much becomes more easy.

I read in Radical Honesty about Intention, Commitment and Responsibility. I now understand why responsibility is so important and why 100% commitment is so important. "Trying" to change a habit already implies the possibility to fail. If your intention to change is habit is soo big, no self-control is needed anymore. It will become effortless. I will work on applying this commitment to these habits now. It is already working with the visualization habit. If I wouldn't have written here why it is so important, I guess I would have already skipped days. It seems like it works. 

I am already excited to reach the 21 streak at my two habits. There are so many other great habits that I want to implement. I really want to make these changes. The future will be so great with these habits! Some of the habits that I think of implementing in the near future:

• waking up directly, not laying down again, not surfing on my phone while laying in bed...
  • cold shower in the morning
  • longer cold showers
  • everyday yoga, stretching, mobility, core strength
  • eating only when I am hungry
  • regular small fasting periods (like not eating for 1 day)
  • regular studying habit
  • spending less time on the internet and on this forum

Right now it seems to me so silly that I haven't started such a journal earlier. It would have made my process with habits much easier. Yesterday I read what I have written in my private journal about two months ago... Such a change.

17/01/26, Thursday

Eating only three meals and nothing in between - Streak 6
Programming my Subconscious Mind (30min) - Streak 6

• oat meal
    • fruit plate
    • green smoothie
    • nuts and seeds
    • potatoes and pumpkin from the oven
    • apple puree
    • tomato juice and orange juice