Mariem

If I Give You The Choice...

26 posts in this topic

Hi friends, thank you for all your answers. it means a lot to me.

On 20/01/2017 at 3:48 AM, aurum said:

Pursuing success can actually contribute to your happiness greatly. You're contributing to the world, sharing your gifts. You're doing what you love. You're CHALLENGING your ability to remain detached from outcome, in a state of gratitude and present when shit hits the fan.

@aurum but what's the point of pursuing success, what's the point of contribution, the world is taking care of itself .. the world is not waiting me to wake up in the morning to make a difference ...

I feel like i lost all the motivation,  enthusiasm and attachement to goals and achievement.  

I cant see a deep reason to set goals !

On 12/01/2017 at 9:54 PM, poimandres said:

Through the stress and opposition, the businessman reaches his goals and GROWS. It's not fake fulfillment. He's (potentially) in control of his destiny. That stress beings understanding and knowledge.

Living the comfortable and easily life is a completely great choice too, don't think otherwise. Im not knocking it. The problem is that you never break out of that bubble of comfort by doing the same things over and over.

There's no reason you can't have compassion, enjoy every moment, etc and still be the businessman style as above.

You can be subject to destiny, or direct your path. The choice is yours.

@poimandres is he really in control of his destiny? how can i direct my path ? I am not even capable of controlling my breathing or heart rate , it s already  have been taken into account ...

3 hours ago, Mariem said:

is he really in control of his destiny? how can i direct my path ? I am not even capable of controlling my breathing or heart rate , it s already  have been taken into account ...

@Mariem

In a way, you can control your destiny. You are in control of a lot more than you may think..

Basically, you have to have some type of goal in mind first.  The goal is your destiny. It can also be interpreted that each goal reached is a stepping stone to your real destiny.. a never ending journey of completed goals.

Through the process of creating and starting a business (for example), you will be influencing time in the future (like years in the future), to lean in your favor (aka more money/freedom/doing what you like/etc). You will face new problems every day and be scared of the new problems initially.  You have to face these new problems and conquer them and not let your fear get in the way.  This is how the businessman grows (mentioned above), by conquering fear.

Let's take fitness for example.  You want to become very fit, this is your destiny, this is your goal. You start working out today, and then keep it up for 5 days a week, for 6 months.  We can logically set this goal right now, but taking action and sticking to it is a different animal.  Once you start taking action, that's when the real stress begins... But none the less, if you keep at it, your actions in the now set you up for success in the future. Like eating healthy, working out 4-5 days a week.  These little advances everyday (did you eat healthy today? did you work out today?), set you up for looking more fit and being more fit in the future (reaching your goal). These actions taken now, "influence your reality" in the future, thus becoming in potential control of where you want to be (more fit).

The stress I mentioned earlier will start to come into play when you start actually doing the work.. That's when the opposition happens.. "I can eat ice cream today, I can skip the gym today" That's resistance keeping you from your goal.  In metaphysical terms, this is your lower self taking control.  Your "higher" self will say "I'm going to the gym right now, I'm going to eat healthy right now." It's hard as hell to manifest the dream you want.. It's this constant battle of which voice wins inside your mind.

Edited by poimandres

You can have everything that you don't hold at a distance with resistant thought. You are in your reality, not someone else's... what are you doing with that?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, Mariem said:

I feel like i lost all the motivation,  enthusiasm and attachement to goals and achievement.  

I cant see a deep reason to set goals !

Play the game for the sake of playing the game!!

I do not understand why you have decided that you don't want to play just because you learned about the underlying structure of the game. To me this doesn't make sense.

Enlightenment does not exempt you from living. Enlightenment simply empowers you to live more peacefully.

@Mariem You learned to think that business and success therein are stressful or depressing. You learned that. You didn't fall outta your mom's vag with that information. You learned it. 

Learn that you don't have to adopt the perspective of other people. 

I am a "business" man and I freaking love it. I have 7,000 customers and I rarely talk to any of them. My role is supporting my employees and offering PD to them. I made it this way. You can look at 'business' and be successful any which way you want to. I'm also a singer songwriter, a dad, a husband, a brother, a son, a meditator, a writer, a fitness buff, a vegetarian (99% :)), a student, a teacher, etc.....I love every bit of all of it. You could too. Open up that perspective.

Thought comes before emotion.

Stress is an emotion.

You have it because of your thoughts.

Choose non stressful perspectives and thoughts.

Realize you added the thoughts that added the stress.

Allow time.

No more stress.