Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aurum

Psychedelic Capitalism: The Future of Psychedelics

9 posts in this topic

Here is a really nice talk just released by Rebel Wisdom’s Alexander Beiner:

I suggest watching the whole thing, but here’s a quick TL;DW of his points:

• Psychedelics use is in the beginning stages of entering into the mainstream
  • As such, it is at risk of being “captured” or corrupted by capitalism and our overall toxic stage Orange culture. In many cases this has already happened, such as fights over patents in order to corner the market
  • Solutions: create an intentional psychedelic culture that values what we want it to value, as well as seek out alternative economics models.

Overall the video gets a lot right. Tools to access God have always been corrupted since the beginning of time, just look at organized religion. And selflessness becomes twisted into acts of selfishness.

If we could consciously create a culture that saw psychedelics as sacred and that upheld the values we desired, that would be ideal. My issue is that creating such a culture already requires a population with a certain level of consciousness. Lack of consciousness tends to generate more lack of consciousness and visa versa.

As well, the problem with “alternative economic models” is that they tend to get stomped on by the current models, which Alexander acknowledges.

I don’t have the answers here except to say that any psychedelic-induced mass awakening is going to take time. Expect backsliding, corruption and general ego mania.

What do ya’ll think? How can we better usher in the age of psychedelics? How can we be better caretakers of these tools? How can we create a culture that will allow for psychedelics to be used to their full potential? What do we want that world to look like?

Idealism of value is the lens of the separate self. 

This is what we’re already doing, and why there is war etc. 

Psychedelics stand to orient our evolving if you will toward transcendence from this, not to this. 

There is no meaning, purpose or value, but thought attachment makes it so.

Psychedelics won’t do. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Psychedelics stand to evolve or transcend people from this, not to this. 

Psychedelics won’t do. 

To be delivered from falsehood is to arrive to Truth. Psychedelics are just one method or tool, along with traditional spiritual practice.

We should not put one over the other in an absolute sense. Reality is to complex to do so.

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

Shoulds are the output of thought attachment to meaning, purpose and value. 

This statement itself is thought attachment to meaning, purpose and value. The mind has an Infinite number of tricks it plays :)

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

What is an infinite number? 

Your level of understanding of Infinity shows in this question..which is not very high.

Infinity cannot be contained by any finite aspect of reality .. numbers don’t hold Infinity..Infinity holds numbers.

Infinity is existence itself. As stated countless times, it is also God .. it is also Love .. it is also You..❤️

@Terell Kirby

Not, two. 

3 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Your level of understanding of Infinity shows in this question..which is not very high.

Infinity cannot be contained by any finite aspect of reality .. numbers don’t hold Infinity..Infinity holds numbers.

Infinity is existence itself. As stated countless times, it is also God .. it is also Love .. it is also You..❤️

13 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

This statement itself is thought attachment to meaning, purpose and value. The mind has an Infinite number of tricks it plays :)

Already war. 

No thank you. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Great talk !

I loved when he said : "if I ask someone in 15 years what are psychedelics, I would be disappointed if the answer was antidepressant, or tools for well being. I would much prefer if the answer was something like dance, so the person has to pause and consider before giving an answer" (paraphrasing)

For anyone interested by this topic, I recommend this beautiful story :

https://hereandnowstudios.com/in-the-light-of-dying-stars-1