Gregory1

I wrote my first Song!:)

6 posts in this topic

Hey sweethearts,

Today I wrote my first song ever. If this is against the forum guidelines, please let me know. I'd be so happy if some people could give me some feedback! Thanks, I love you.

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

Your heart shone through in this, well done - brave of you to show this vulnerability. 

The piano, lyrics and vocal rhythm are all spot on. 

Of course, vocally there's room for improvement (being on pitch etc) but that's just a practice thing.

Here's a thought as well, of course it could be my own projection so take it with a grain of salt:

Perhaps it seems you're trying to put on/force a performative appearance rather than just authenticity expressing how you are in this moment. 

Maybe that's not the case, but I find this with myself sometimes in singing/music. 

My intuition guides me to just perform the song authentically without trying to give it a grande performative spin, and paradoxically even better, purer and more authentic performative spins present themselves of their own. 

Just my take, check in with yourself if it resonates and if not then don't worry about it! Good job. 

Edited by SelfHelpGuy

5 minutes ago, SelfHelpGuy said:

Your heart shone through in this, well done - brave of you to show this vulnerability. 

Of course, vocally there's room for improvement (being on pitch etc) but that's just a practice thing.

Here's a thought as well, of course it could be my own projection so take it with a grain of salt:

Perhaps it seems you're trying to put on/force a performative appearance rather than just authenticity expressing how you are in this moment. 

Maybe that's not the case, but I find this with myself sometimes in singing/music. 

My intuition guides me to just perform the song authentically without trying to give it a grande performative spin, and paradoxically even better, purer and more authentic performative spins present themselves of their own. 

Just my take, check in with yourself if it resonates and if not then don't worry about it! Good job. 

@SelfHelpGuy

Thank you for your honesty man, I appreciate it:)

"I" was gone during the performance, so no room for ego / inauthenticity. This is the purest I can be, no trying, no changing anything about myself. Just expressing feelings.

Voice, etc. room for improvement, definitely. Thank you<3

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/