Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B_HAZ

Friend diagnosed with cancer

4 posts in this topic

I'm the only one who know this .She's in a complete denial she said that she don't care and she's strong she's basically gaslighting herself and how she feels she was saying it but her eyes is full of grief, she doesn't believe in support she don't want to tell her husband\ family so they don't feel bad she keep telling herself that she's strong etc.How can I help her not be stuck in denial and stop gaslighting herself and allow herself to grief and thats doesn't mean she's weak .

How\what the best way can I support her ? 

Sorry to hear that .. but it’s equally important to recognize that this is her journey.

You can support by simply letting her know that you’ll be there should she need anything. Therefore placing the responsibility on her versus you taking on unnecessary stress.

This is terrible. It’s a hard aspect of life. I’ve lost a few family members to cancer. Support her and give her space to make her choices. Let her know her fight will be helped by the support of friends and family. Send her love and prayers. 

Sorry to hear that.  

Tough situation.  I wouldn't know what the right call to do is.  

I guess try as best as you can to see the whole situation from a 3rd person-perspective (or God's perspective if it feels right to you), enabling you to detach and not be clouded by emotions and see more clearly. 

I hope things get better.

Wishing you and the people involved well. 

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins