KingCrimson

Ryan Kurczak - Kriya Yoga and Vedic Astrology

11 posts in this topic

I wanted to share with you the work of this guy called Ryan Kurczak. He is a Kriya Yogi who I believe is associated with the Self-Realization Fellowship and has been practicing for around 30 years.

He has two YouTube channels, one focusing on Kriya Yoga, the other focusing on Vedic Astrology. He has also written two books on the subject of Kriya Yoga and enlightenment that I haven't read so far, but plan to do so in the future.

I found his content extremely valuable and practical for my own spiritual path. However, it is worth noting that he is one of those teachers that do NOT recommend/condone the use of psychedelics (I asked him directly about this). I believe he is misguided in that regard, like so many of these teachers are, but other than that, his content is very solid. If you are in any way interested in Yoga, Ayurveda and Vedic Astrology I highly recommend checking him out.

Ryan Kurczak Kriya Yoga channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/KriyaYogaOnline

Ryan Kurczak Vedic Astrology channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RyansVedicAstrology

His website: https://ashevillevedicastrology.wordpress.com/

If you want to go really deep into Vedic Astrology and master that art, there is an extremely extensive and detailed (paid) course he offers as well: https://vedic-astrology.teachable.com/

@KingCrimson avoid him

His lineage is one of the most watered down linegae and his youtube videos are also watered down

Csa is defenitely better than srf but is still watered down

On 12/12/2021 at 1:34 PM, itachi uchiha said:

@KingCrimson avoid him

His lineage is one of the most watered down linegae and his youtube videos are also watered down

Csa is defenitely better than srf but is still watered down

Thanks for the heads up. I remember Leo talking about this, probably in his Kriya Yoga video. Can you elaborate in what way exactly you think the SRF/Ryan's teachings are watered down? What I've heard from him so far seemed perfectly congruent and in line with everything that Leo and others are talking about. There are two things that rubbed me the wrong way though. As mentioned, his stance on psychedelics I disagree with, but many otherwise good teachers are like that. The other thing was that he seemed to at least imply that you are not a "real" Kriya Yogi unless you are officially initiated. But I can look past these flaws and for the most part, I found his videos quite valuable. Of course, I don't take anything he says as gospel, and I use other sources as well to educate myself about Kriya Yoga.

Also, I'm not familiar with "Csa", can you explain what that stands for?

@Yarco Great recommendation. I really love ManojTheYogi! His video course got me started with my Yoga practice. I found it much easier to learn having someone actually show me all the exercises, rather than only having the book as a guide. He's recently started a Discord server where he offers guidance to newbies as well as regular Satsangs. You need to support him on Patreon to get access to that though.

@KingCrimson

All the kriya yoga gurus are dogmatic.some are less dogmatic and others are more dogmatic.there are many reson for this.one of the good reason is that they protect kriya technique to stop getting abused by normies and other toxic people.kriya yoga is the highest path and all gurus try to level best to stop getting bastardised.the other bad reason for being dogmatic is that they want their organisation to survive.

Srf stands for self realization fellowship,the orginal organisation of yogananda

Csa stands for centee for spiritual awareness and is started by one of the students of yogananda

Most watered down lineage is srf.its the most corrupt and most toxic.ryan kurzcaks organisation is csa which is less toxic and less corrupt but the techniques are still watered down.when yogananda came to the west ,the westerners never herd of meditation.so he cannot give them extremely powerful meditation technique as it would freak the shit out of them ,hence he watered the techniques down.csa is the lineage of one of the students of yogananda.although csa is better than srf as srf is very money minded and they very much corrupted their techniques 

Edited by itachi uchiha

Kriya yoga can only be learned from a guru

There are 9 or 8 levels of samadhi.if u learn kriya all by yourself u will only reach lower levels of samadhi.to reach nirvikalpaka samadhi and kaivalya u need a guru or teacher.kriya is very delicate process

@KingCrimson

On 12/10/2021 at 6:59 PM, KingCrimson said:

I wanted to share with you the work of this guy called Ryan Kurczak. He is a Kriya Yogi who I believe is associated with the Self-Realization Fellowship and has been practicing for around 30 years.

He has two YouTube channels, one focusing on Kriya Yoga, the other focusing on Vedic Astrology. He has also written two books on the subject of Kriya Yoga and enlightenment that I haven't read so far, but plan to do so in the future.

I found his content extremely valuable and practical for my own spiritual path. However, it is worth noting that he is one of those teachers that do NOT recommend/condone the use of psychedelics (I asked him directly about this). I believe he is misguided in that regard, like so many of these teachers are, but other than that, his content is very solid. If you are in any way interested in Yoga, Ayurveda and Vedic Astrology I highly recommend checking him out.

Ryan Kurczak Kriya Yoga channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/KriyaYogaOnline

Ryan Kurczak Vedic Astrology channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RyansVedicAstrology

His website: https://ashevillevedicastrology.wordpress.com/

If you want to go really deep into Vedic Astrology and master that art, there is an extremely extensive and detailed (paid) course he offers as well: https://vedic-astrology.teachable.com/

Those are pretty good resources for getting into kriya yoga.

On 12/15/2021 at 4:59 AM, itachi uchiha said:

srf is very money minded and they very much corrupted their techniques 

how srf is corrupted buddy ? i myself is about to be initiated in advance kriyas by them. i didn't find any corruption neither money related shit going in there. :/

Edited by Rahul 2paradox

2 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Rahul 2paradox they charge 275 or so dollars for initiation.i heard they guilt trap u and bother u with being a volunteer

I dont know about other countries but here in india all i have paid is just 13 dollars and that for life time . No charges for initiation , nothing . 

But yeah  making volunteer is a thing , but not everywhere .

Isha foundation is also somewhere like that , about collecting people as a volunteer and is way expensive then others but there meditations are highly effective. 

@Rahul 2paradox in india yss is not money minded.they charge very low amount .yss is good.

From my understanding,take the following information with a pinch of salt and do the research

Yss is very economic friendly and do not charge hefty fees.yogananda taught kriya differently in india and usa.in india everyone is hardcore meditator.so yogananda taught kriya in india exactly as it is without watering it down.in usa he watered it down as people never meditated.but i think after yogananda died the people in usa took hold of yss and i think they corrupted or pacified it.

Also kriya has 7 levels.yss has only 3 levels and do not have 3-7 level kriya.also india is the capital of kriya.so i suggest u go to sudhin ray of rykym.org or shailendra sharma.

Sudhin ray has 7 kriyas and is legit and authentic.the best thing about his lineages is that his kriya do not produce any negetive side effects.but u have to go to west bengal .

If u do not wanna travel far and want something near by than go to kriya yoga international ( kyio)  of swami hariharanadan atm run by swami prajananda.they have 6 kriyas.and all their techniques are continually being modified to make it more powerful.they take technique from other branches of yoga and mix it with kriya yoga to make it more powerful.kyio is the best organisation.the problem with them is that their technique have side effects and after 2nd level they will not give higher levels easily.they make u wait unnecessary amount of time to give higher kriyas and there is no guarentee that u will get 5th and 6th kriya.u will reach 4th.but 6th and 5 th kriya is very diificult to get.

So i recommend rykym of sudhin ray