Ismael

Yamada Mumon's "Lectures on the Ten Oxherding Pictures" in creative audio format!

5 posts in this topic

"The Ten Ox-Herding Pictures is a series of short poems and accompanying drawings used in the Zen tradition to describe the stages of a practitioner's progress toward enlightenment, and his or her return to society to enact wisdom and compassion. The Ten Oxherding Pictures which relate back to a Ch'an master in the Sung dynasty China (1126-1279 AD), have spiritual roots in the early Buddhist texts. They provide useful imagery of an illusion to be negated before a seeker of truth can experience enlightenment. The ox symbolizes the mind and the herder symbolizes the seeker."

Her recordings are a pure gold mine!

Been binging a lot of them over the last couple of months and can't recommend the channel enough. :x

4 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

this is absolutely amazing

Enjoy! ? 

I posted about her channel awhile ago as well. This entire channel is a Dharma goldmine of extremely powerful transmissions from all kinds of different traditions, lineages, perspectives. It's so awesome you found her channel :) I stumbled into sometime this past summer looking for videos on the ox herding pictures haha. 

From a spiral dynamics point of view, it's about as tier 2 of a spirituality channel as there is on YouTube. Extremely high quality. 

Hopefully more people on this forum can find her stuff! No doubt many would benefit.

6 hours ago, Consilience said:

I stumbled into sometime this past summer looking for videos on the ox herding pictures haha.

I remember first finding it while looking for some Rumi poetry with music! 

Yamada’s book is so rare nowadays…what an awesome find, right? 

And yes, spirituality from many diverse perspectives. :x