RMQualtrough

Distinction: Green is not red, blue is not yellow

3 posts in this topic

Green is not red. Blue is not yellow.

Green is green. Red is red. Blue is blue. Yellow is yellow.

It is simply that red, blue, green, and yellow are all nothingness and THAT is the Oneness. The Oneness is in the shared fundamental reality/nature of all that is. It is not accurate to say green is red, but accurate to say both green and red are not two, since they share the same reality which is this infinity; nothing, something; infinity.

I have read trip reports which use the terms of the contrast and say that they are another contrast. But if you use the term of contrast (like the name of a color) you are instantly talking from within the relative domain, and relatively the comparison does not work. It only works from the Absolute domain and that is wordless or infinity. Green is infinity, red is infinity, but green is not red. And green is not the totality of infinity which includes all contrasts.

Look into dependent origination. You can’t even really call something “blue” without pulling the entire Universe into it. There is certainly a difference in appearance between blue and red, but difference, red, blue, appearance, oneness, and all of these other things are just fabrications. 

The important point to get isn’t that blue somehow is perceived exactly like red in some trippy mindfuck, even though I’m sure that has some usefulness. It’s to see the fabrications fall away completely and only see the raw sensations without any layering from a worldview or human perspective. There are MANY degrees to this, and I’d be careful to think you’ve seen that bedazzling spectacle too early on. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

“Any kind of consciousness whatever, whether past, future, or present, internal or external, gross or subtle, inferior or superior, far or near — a disciple of mine sees all consciousness as it actually is with proper wisdom thus: ‘This is not mine, this I am not, this is not my self.’” - the Tathāgata