Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sano Morphing

Egotistic About Being Humble

8 posts in this topic

Seems tricky huh?

Since all my plans in life has been fast-forwarding (Socialpreneurship), winning competitions and having many opportunities, because apparently life is by my side, my Ego has been getting bigger and I'm trying to resist/contain it and the comfort zone I'm about to realize, naturally I'm active and a morning person but oh dear the demons in me are destroying my impact to serve society, I do meditate and I'm aware of all the crazy stuff that my ego is doing for my own sake, example:

If someone thanked me for helping them or starting the businesses I'm starting, my ego just go all like: "if all of this was about me, I wouldn't do what I'm doing" and things like that but deep down inside of me, I'm certain that I'm saying this to improve my reputation, I act like I don't care about myself and care about others more but I'm aware that this is not the case and I'm afraid of doing harm to myself and people around me.

And for some reason, while I was meditating, a thought/intuition came out saying "Embrace your ego" and jeez it scared the shit out of me.

Any advises?

Maybe part of embracing it is learning to love that aspect of yourself, and thus your ego will dissolve through not fighting it, but accepting it?  Is that what your intuition might be telling you?  I'm just guessing.  What do you think?

20 hours ago, Sano Morphing said:

And for some reason, while I was meditating, a thought/intuition came out saying "Embrace your ego" and jeez it scared the shit out of me.

Any advises?

My suggestion is to embrace your ego

:D^_^;)xD

@Sano Morphing  From what I understand, part of dissolving the ego is to surrender to it.  Find humor in it, ect. <3 :P 

@Sano Morphing haha I relate to this. The ego is very tricky! The most helpful way I've found to interpret "embrace your ego" is to take its complains, its prideful acting, its petty defensiveness, or however your particular ego reacts, and use them as clues. I'm guessing that mine knows I'm trying to take the power away from it, so it hides itself in a smoke and mirrors game. It's very smart.

Don't try to jail, chain up, kill, obliterate, or otherwise harm your ego. Your ego is a part of you. Your ego has helped your body live in this world for a while. I'd advise being thankful towards it for the positives that it has done for you, but also treating it as a slightly misguided friend that you love. Your ego can give clues as to your real motives/identity. So you can be thankful for it for that too, every time it helps you out by making a disingenuous remark! 

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa