Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B_HAZ

Should I change my life coach ?

8 posts in this topic

it's my first time working with a life coach but I feel like my life coach is intentionally trying to make the process very slow every session he keep telling me " thats what we will work on " but I feel we didn't really work on anything yet the process is very slow and I'm just paying for someone who just keep asking me questions without truly guiding me I feel I'm just being investigated and it keeps me confused after the session I never had real clarity and the action items are very stupid and very small and it makes me unmotivated I don't feel like I'm improving in anyway. I'm I the problem ? should I tell him something ? is this how life coaching goes ? how do I know if my life coach is good or not

Edited by B_HAZ

I don't think there is a definitive "good" life coach. A coach's teachings works for you only when you find his guidance helpful, and different methods work for different people. I imagine this coach is trying to get you to ask yourself some deep questions, in which you would understand more about yourself and your own situation. Normally if you want to make a radical change in your life, that would require a long time where you change your beliefs and behavior regarding a certain topic. Of course there are fast methods, but those would only resolve surface problems.

Do you think you could share what you are working on through this life coach?

Yeah thats exactly how I felt with my life coach. You always think you will get somewhere in the next session but nothing happens. If you have less energy than you did before the session, thats how you know its not good for you. I've been with a few coaches now and I should of stopped earlier than I did

Sounds like this one isn't for you, might take some courage to quit but you'll be better off for it

I wonder if Leo still does coaching, maybe you could try to get a session with Leo?

Change your coach. Your coach is likely in logical mode. You can only do this session this week and another session next week. The coach is too rigid and does not cater to your current needs. Dump him.

@hyruga How it supposed to be then ? I was careful to choose mine. I saw his content is really good but when I worked with him I don't feel I gained any real value

1 hour ago, bliss54 said:

Yeah thats exactly how I felt with my life coach. You always think you will get somewhere in the next session but nothing happens. If you have less energy than you did before the session, thats how you know its not good for you. I've been with a few coaches now and I should of stopped earlier than I did

Sounds like this one isn't for you, might take some courage to quit but you'll be better off for it

I agree with low energy part I feel worse after the session it makes me feel like the change will take forever and i get demotivated  

13 hours ago, B_HAZ said:

@hyruga How it supposed to be then ? I was careful to choose mine. I saw his content is really good but when I worked with him I don't feel I gained any real value

It was never about his content. There are many things to talk about in his content: He can talk about positive thinking, time management, meditation blah blah blah.

But what he really needs to do is to understand your situation and tackle the problem head-on if possible through logical means, emotional connection and more instead of beating about the bush.

Edited by hyruga