Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Leo I am Confused

12 posts in this topic

I am not sure i understand exactly what you meant in this video below. Let's say i am in some wage-slave job and i want to become a world class photographer. What should i do first? Escape wage slavery 1st or work 2-3 hours every day on developing mastery on photography while working my wage slave job at the same time??

Aren't you supposed to break out off wage slavery with your Life Purpose? From what you've said it seems that maybe you need to break wage slavery 1st before you start living your life purpose. But how are you gonna do that with no skills?

Plus it could take you 10 years to break out off wage slavery. Aren't you supposed to be developing mastery on your life purpose 1st?? Thats the approach i am taking. I focus entirely on mastery. I can't risk losing 5-10 years into financial freedom. I think that will come when i've developed enough career capital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zL5-Rrk7T8

Edited by SQAAD

Until you are “so good they can’t ignore you”, you won’t get out of wage slavery and shouldn’t try to with a wage slave job. Build your skills on the side.

”but I don’t have enough time” cannot be an excuse if you care enough about photography to make it your life purpose.

@SonataAllegro

20 hours ago, SonataAllegro said:

Until you are “so good they can’t ignore you”, you won’t get out of wage slavery and shouldn’t try to with a wage slave job. Build your skills on the side.

”but I don’t have enough time” cannot be an excuse if you care enough about photography to make it your life purpose.

I agree with your advice. Thank you.

There are many ways to accomplish the same thing.

Both approaches could work or fail. It depends on the details. You have to actually research what is realistic and feasible.

Personally I escaped wage slavery before starting my LP because I didn't want to be stuck in it for years.

Obviously you will need to develop highly marketable skills to escape wage slavery. But that could be worth it. It's not gonna kill you to earn some money for a few years.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@SQAAD Earn cash first, then photography. You'll thank me later. You'll have more time to do photography later if you just get cash flowing in today. So go start that business, right now, you'll thank me later. Get the business going first okay, then once you're out of the wagie life, then start the photography career. Procrastinating on getting out of wage slavery will hurt you big time, so don't put it off. So don't procrastinate on this. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@Leo Gura

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But that could be worth it. It's not gonna kill you to earn some money for a few years.

I am just extremely fearful not developing mastery on the thing that i wanna master and wasting years making money. I can work 12 hours a day and make good money delivering coffees and food but i can't imagine not working on mastery and delaying it. I am super obsessed with mastery. The idea of earning money and not developing mastery doesn't sit well with me at all.....

Edited by SQAAD

@diamondpenguin

8 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

@SQAAD Earn cash first, then photography. You'll thank me later. You'll have more time to do photography later if you just get cash flowing in today. So go start that business, right now, you'll thank me later. Get the business going first okay, then once you're out of the wagie life, then start the photography career. Procrastinating on getting out of wage slavery will hurt you big time, so don't put it off. So don't procrastinate on this. 

My thing that i am working is front-end development. (I just used photography as an arbitrary example). If i work another 1 year at  it know i can make money from programming by building websites/e-shops for others. I already have one client who pays me every year.

Right now i am somewhat lucky because my family is feeding me so i don't have to work. But to be honest i need extra cash so i will probably need to do some wage slave job for a while.

What do you mean by 'get the business going'?  Starting my own business? The only way i see starting my own business is by developing mastery and selling my services as a programmer. Or building a website, create content and maybe make money from ads.

I don't see myself getting out of wage slavery any time soon. And by then i will have wasted 10 years not working on my passion. I can't do that.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD You can't afford to be that idealistic. When you're working 12 hours a day for 10 years vs running a passive online business for 5 years. Making all that money is the greatest thing you ever did. In the short run it will seem like it's hurting you, but.. that's wrong counter-intuitively. You'll never really have to work again for years and years. And in those years you can do mastery then. So, the core concept is: Put 100% effort now into breaking out of slavery, then you learn mastery. Do you understand how that works?

@diamondpenguin

6 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

@SQAAD You can't afford to be that idealistic. When you're working 12 hours a day for 10 years vs running a passive online business for 5 years. Making all that money is the greatest thing you ever did. In the short run it will seem like it's hurting you, but.. that's wrong counter-intuitively. You'll never really have to work again for years and years. And in those years you can do mastery then. So, the core concept is: Put 100% effort now into breaking out of slavery, then you learn mastery. Do you understand how that works?

Expecting to create a random online business and escape wage slavary this way is idealistic. The chances are super low if we want to be realistic. And usually it takes a little bit of luck too.

The most realistic path is developing mastery and earning money that way. Maybe also having a wage slave job on the side to save some money. Then once you have enough career capital you can solely rely on the work you enjoy to earn money.

Edited by SQAAD

I need to work on programming now that i am still relatively young. I have been working on it on and off for the last 3 years. I already can create some decent projects. 

Doing some other random sh*t for 10 years and reaching 39 years old is not worth it.  By then i will not care about programming. What are the chances of escaping wage slavery by creating an online business like Leo did? 1 in a million?? lol 

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD 100% if you make a routine and habit out of it. And why not just start a photography business right now? Like, why not just bypass wage slavery and programming with a photography business? And don't worry about the chances, just focus your skills and on getting clients!

Here's a list of ideas:

https://www.oberlo.com/blog/start-a-photography-business 

@diamondpenguin

20 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

@SQAAD 100% if you make a routine and habit out of it. And why not just start a photography business right now? Like, why not just bypass wage slavery and programming with a photography business? And don't worry about the chances, just focus your skills and on getting clients!

Here's a list of ideas:

https://www.oberlo.com/blog/start-a-photography-business 

What you suggest about photography, thats what i want to do with programming. My goal is to make money from selling websites to clients. Make money that way and then one day be able to work only on projects that i really value and believe in. I enjoy creating websites , thats my passion. The creating of a beautiful website and program. I don't care at all about photography. I can't do that.

But i care about online businesses too in general. I have attempted to make some money from affiliate marketing but only made a few bucks and wasn't consistent at it. I quit working on it few years ago... 

I am thinking to write blog posts about mental and physical health for greek audience only. The competition is not high and i have experience writing blog posts that are in the 1st page of Google... I am gonna focus on that and deepening my programming skills on the side.

And if i really need cash, i will work a wage slave job for a while.

Edited by SQAAD