LSD-Rumi

How to build muscles as a vegan?

25 posts in this topic

On 06/11/2021 at 9:03 AM, Twega said:

Too much protein activates mTOR and IGF-1 (especially animal protein), which in excess is bad for longevity and health.

Completely agree with this! I see this as a huge huge issue with the chicken & rice bodybuilding diet. Endless stimulation of cellular growth can easily lead to prostate cancer not to mention rapid telomere shortening. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@LSD-Rumi 

On 11/5/2021 at 5:09 AM, Michael569 said:

Look into Derek Simnet's content. Imo he is the most conscious and definitely the most likable vegan YouTuber out there. All 100% wholefood stuff, gym, nature, callisthenics. 

His channel is Simnet Nutrition. He's a nutritionist and just an awesome guy. Intelligent and funny. Check them out for sure-----------------------------------------------------------

1. 350-500 calories more than you caloric maintenance needs are all you need to gain muscle and stay lean without gaining to much excess fat. Heres a calculator if your not sure what that is for you .https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/in-depth/calorie-calculator/itt-20402304

2. Get your protien. It IS important but dont be overfocused on it. Fats and carbs are important too. A balanced diet is key. Take a multivitamin if your not getting all your micronutrient needs met and GET A BLOOD TEST!

3. CREATINE! 

4. Stay hydrated. 70% of all adults are dehydrated.

5.stop eating twice a day. Eat smaller meals 3 or 4 times a day and slowly increase the amount you eat as it feels comfortable for you. If you need some calories but cant handle a meal have a fruit smoothie. They're easy to make healthy and pack some serious calories. Also be patient and kind to yourself. Its a process that takes time.? 

Edited by Adodd

On 06/11/2021 at 9:03 AM, Twega said:

Excess calories accelerate aging; always keep that in mind if your goal is health and longevity

Recently I started doing resistance training regularly and intensely after a very long hiatus  (24 yrs old, been vegan for five years), and I'm making fantastic progress. I build muscle quickly.

@Twega

So how are you building muscle without calorie excess, just high % of your diet is protien? 

On 5.11.2021. at 7:35 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

I eat two times a day and I don't like eating that much, I eat legumes mainly, like a big dish of fava beans and 2 or 3 dishes of lentil soup, but still I think I am not hitting my optimal protein intake. I ordered some spirulina because I am too suspicious of those vegan protein powders, are there any good brands? I saw some lab tested products but I don't know 

Hmm... Does eating 1 chicken a week, and no meat the other 6 days of the week make you a vegan? ?

No. But why go fully vegan and not eat a pound or two of meat a week? Your body needs it.

@Bojan Why do you assume your body needs it?

Try not eating animal products for 6 months or a year, see how you feel, compare the two. :x