Chosendeer

Actualized.org on "RationalWiki"

5 posts in this topic

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Leo_Gura#External_links

I just found this and found it to be rather funny. Who writes these? Some quotes:

How he argues

Gura's stock phrase responses.

Since Gura's arguments are sometimes outright demonstrably false and brainless (hahahah, get it?), the way in which he manages to convince anyone that he's talking sense is through his rhetoric.

Many of Gura's videos begin with directing a misuse of the appeal to authority fallacy. The fallacy is usually distorted as "credentials are worthless" and that trusting a source of information as reputable is an error in itself. By building on this line of reasoning, Gura establishes himself as the authority, because unlike those with doctorates and Nobel Prizes, he can demonstrate he's right. This is not to say that scientific experts on scientific topics are to be blindly trusted, but Gura being mistaken about a great deal of scientific topics doesn't stop him from circumventing logic.

Except Gura refuses to explain anything. The usual strategy for evading questions is maintaining that only Gura understands the subject at hand and that attempting to explain Gura's claims is an exercise in futility, since decades of study are necessary for their comprehension.

Another tactic is to simply label his critics "materialists".

Abuse of Gödel's Incompleteness Theorem

Gura invokes a bad interpretation of Gödel's incompleteness theorems. As an aside, Gura repeatedly prefaces these views by claiming that the mathematics behind these theorems is really complex and you won't understand it, yet it is clear that he fundamentally misunderstands what these proofs are even about.

In the video "Metaphysical Implications Of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem",[13] he begins with a 20 minute preamble explaining that if you don't trust his opinions on the topic, you're making the same error a Christian makes in taking the Pope's opinion as fact. Furthermore, it doesn't matter if somebody has a PhD or Nobel Prize, they still don't understand these matters as well as Gura does.

hehe some nice Info, i wonder if people read these and then judge. I guess they do

My God (Leo), this is comedy gold!

They have honestly upped their game recently. This cracked me up really good.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

It's Orange on crack.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.