Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

IFS Therapy Result

4 posts in this topic

I just had my first session with Everette Considine after @FlyingLotus posted his link in another IFS thread.

I must say I am blown away. I managed to get in touch with my inner child, and I had some emotions come up as I went along with the process.

I was not able to unburden myself from the traumas of my child yet, but I am going to do more sessions and I am confident that after more sessions I will be able to fully let go of my childhood emotional trauma.

If you are ready for this kind of work I highly recommend it. 

I'm also going to start working through some IFS workbooks on my own after seeing how powerful this technique can be

This is a recording of our session. If you want a sense of what the session is like this can be helpful.

https://meetings.dialpad.com/getmp3/AMIfv959B6ayM0aAOQCjYSYFhs_Fhp59fdpAIaILB9bw9yVYMdMdKwf6TsyKBocyVigXbe60QVvyUtszNeEENCxQaKQWmLbFR90eLdJXy9slRdKBEaSu_ObSTa9sn0NRPIdd4NddZGqw6kWxwwmvLEauPx8DNDfLZQ.mp3

@UnbornTao I think this is a great resource as well

Edited by Raptorsin7

Thanks for sharing your session @Raptorsin7 .  It’s amazing how visceral the experience can be when an expert is applying it to your own specific situation.

You actually went really far, all the way to the start of an unburdening.  Most people don't get that far in their first session.  Just developing a healthy relationship with your protectors can create a lot of progress, even if you don’t get to the stage of talking to the inner child.  

@FlyingLotus No problem, thank you for recommending Everette.

I was amazed at how quickly things unfolded. It was an incredible experience.

6 hours ago, FlyingLotus said:

You actually went really far, all the way to the start of an unburdening.  Most people don't get that far in their first session.  Just developing a healthy relationship with your protectors can create a lot of progress, even if you don’t get to the stage of talking to the inner child.  

Yeah I felt like I was right at the cliff's edge. I have the IFS workbooks and I'm going to do some work on my own too. I already have some ideas about the core traumas I faced as a child, so hopefully the workbooks can provide some additional insight.