Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

A Contemplation On Mastery

5 posts in this topic

Life Purpose

A master knows his life purpose deeply, he doesnt dabble anymore, he is unwavering.

Unhooked From Fame

A true master knows fame doesnt mean much, what really matters is the work you create.

Trailblazing

A master creates new paths for others to follow. Paths that noone would have thought of taking.

Contributes

A master contributes to the field he is in, competition is not interesting to him, it takes his eyes of the ball and is a red herring. 

Teaches

A master loves teaching through his work, although his work is complex his work is not too dense to understand, an amateur can understand it and learn from it.

Flow State

A master gets into the flow state most of the time, although struggle will always be a part of the process, a master has finally groked the ups and downs of creating and doesnt resist it. There is no hurry to create.

Value Providing/Inspiring

A master provides for others to soak up and he loves it.

Humble

A master is not arrogant, he knows there is always more to learn and he knows where he himself has been. He knows pride clouds the mind and stagnates his art.

Purple Cow

A master is a purple cow. 

30+ years of work

A master knows to become great takes time, it is a life long process, it might take 30 years to reach mastery level, but it is worth it because of the joy it gives.

Authentic

A master has mimicked, stolen and repurposed from others for years until he has chiseled out a sculpture that is truly himself, a master is not mistaken for anyone else, he is truly his own world. 

Love

A master does what he does because he loves it, he shares what he does because he loves the world.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

13 minutes ago, museumoftrees said:

love that list

thx❤️

Great list. Although I would add:

Letting Go

A true master lets go of the end product. She knows this belongs to a higher power. 

9 minutes ago, Surfingthewave said:

Great list. Although I would add:

Letting Go

A true master lets go of the end product. She knows this belongs to a higher power. 

This is beautiful! Very true.