Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pacific Sage

Eliminating sugar

4 posts in this topic

any reviews of food experts on this?

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

I have not eaten sugar for months at a time. Literally zero sugar and zero carbs even. Not even a piece of fruit. Just protein and fat.

What I can tell you from this experience is that my sugar cravings did not go away. They are still strong. It's like craving sex. It does not just go away if you don't have sex.

I would love to eat some sugar right now.

Of course you should avoid sugar additive as much as possible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think it depends on the person. My dad has been on keto for years and I don’t think he gets cravings 

I'm no health expert. But I've been off sugar for days, weeks, months at a time. Not consciously trying to control my sugar intake. It is just that I don't have sugar cravings often. Or junk food cravings. This happened automatically when I started feeling good about my life. (This stage has come by doing a few years of mental and emotional cleansing).

I get cravings only when my blood sugar level drops below a certain level. Then I eat dates, dry fruits, fruits to combat that. Sometimes I use jaggery or honey as a sugar replacement, but I don't really have a sweet tooth so that is in rare cases. And the cravings usually go away. 

I eat a ton of fruits and dry fruits daily. Today I had half a kg of apples and a couple of sweet lime. I'm in India and the weather here is pretty hot these days. Eating light keeps my body cool. So have skipped cooked meals few days now. Feels good. 

I would also suggest you pay attention to how you feel AFTER you eat something. If it feels good, eat it again, if it doesn't, don't. Pay attention to how your body feels, not how your mind feels. Your body is your teacher. Your mind a cranky toddler.