LfcCharlie4

The Purpose Of Sport & Play In Society & Personal Growth

5 posts in this topic

I feel a lot of 'Spiritual' people think sport is pointless and just a game, so I wanted to share these articles to show sport is much, more more than that and can have a profound effect on not just an individual level, but societal and community. 

This was re-brought to my attention after attending a local football game live for the first game since Covid, and to see many people enjoying themselves, and how much it meant to them. 

https://www.peace-sport.org/opinion/the-purpose-of-sport-and-play/

Of course on an individual level the benefits are obvious- Physical & mental health improvements, relationships, communication skills, discipline development, healthy hobbies, development of values etc, the benefits are endless. 

Here's a few articles from Sadhguru on the importance of Sports & relating it to spirituality. 

https://isha.sadhguru.org/uk/en/wisdom/sadhguru-spot/be-a-sport

https://isha.sadhguru.org/uk/en/wisdom/article/how-sports-build-nation

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Nahm Couldn't agree more!

Imo, True Sport is one of the most 'Spiritual' activities we can do in the manner it fully immerses us in the now & allows us to dedicate ourselves to developing skills while having SO much fun, expressing Joy & Love. 

Everyone is of course unique, but, to me, play & sport is one of the foundational ingredients for an amazing life. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Oh yes, definitely something spiritual with play and sports. Besides psychedelics, dances, anything involving rhythmic movement can help shift you from a negative mood to a positive one, and helps further develop the mind body connection.

@Danioover9000 1000%, not to mention the mastery aspect that comes with years of fine tuning your craft. And, the challenge each and every game brings,